Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Gobabygo67 said:
Do you think 19 or 20 inch wheels are a good selection for our generation of mustangs?
For a 99-04, 18 looks perfect, 19 is big but a lot of people like em. 20s just look awful. On 05-up they look fine, but for ours, they just don't fit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Las0mbra said:
For a 99-04, 18 looks perfect, 19 is big but a lot of people like em. 20s just look awful. On 05-up they look fine, but for ours, they just don't fit.
Right, bc I have my GT lowered not exactly two inches....will the 19s effect the ride performance and handling wise?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anything above 18s make the car look too weird, and they won't ride well, along with the fact that your speedometer will be off. 18s look good, but 17s are the best, especially deep dish wheels.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
19s and 20s are too big for our years and I think they look horrible
18s are perfect IMO

·
Registered
903 Posts
Here's a Bullitt with 19's I think it looks okay.
theres no way those are 19... they look like 18s...

to the OP do what most people tend to avoid looking at and considering... look at your replacement tire costs... myself I stay in 17s because i am low low low to the ground and it was the best ride for size I could come up with. I work in a tire and service shop and I have gone through all 4 sizes and the 17s are hands down the best for comfort/style/performance as a whole.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Topless04GT said:
theres no way those are 19... they look like 18s...

to the OP do what most people tend to avoid looking at and considering... look at your replacement tire costs... myself I stay in 17s because i am low low low to the ground and it was the best ride for size I could come up with. I work in a tire and service shop and I have gone through all 4 sizes and the 17s are hands down the best for comfort/style/performance as a whole.
He is a fellow IMBOC member and said they were 19's but I'm just going off his word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts