Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my third run Friday, the WOT switch hung up, so when I shifted it kept spraying. When I punched the throttle open, a flood of n20/fuel hit the intake and boom! Grenade action.

Luckily, I was only using a 50 shot.

Engine is just fine after putting the ported SPI intake back on.

Still have to find a hood Monday...

[/img]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteStang99 said:
wow. looks pretty serious...

Glad you're alright and so is ur car for the most part.
Found a CAPA hood locally for $120 and the hood scoop for $80, paint will be about $100.

Could have been alot worse, was just a big surprise hearing the pop and watching the hood blow upward about 16 inches.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
so the WOT switch got stuck closing the circuit, so the nitrous was freely flowing the whole time?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
dont they have some sort of catch that if it stays open more than so long it will cut off autmatically

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The switch stuck closed and kept spraying as I let off the throttle and began my shift. It must have had a good little puddle of fuel/n20, because when I opened up the throttle... BOOM!

Just a flash and the hood jumped up. No scorch marks anywhere but inside the intake itself.

Car is running fine with my ported intake, just have to find a hood, get it painted and I'm back on the road.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
InVaDeR said:
same here , i was gonna get this for xmas but now ill just spend the 400$ on a flasher chip
guys dont let an accident like this make you believe nitrous isnt safe. Thats kind of a freak occurrance to have the WOT switch stick like that. If youre really concerned, just buy two WOT switches and run them in series so you cut the chances of this happening in half.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ZimStang said:
guys dont let an accident like this make you believe nitrous isnt safe. Thats kind of a freak occurrance to have the WOT switch stick like that. If youre really concerned, just buy two WOT switches and run them in series so you cut the chances of this happening in half.
But... This is a great example of why you should not run a wet system into an EFI intake.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
pete said:
But... This is a great example of why you should not run a wet system into an EFI intake.
To me, dry systems are scarier than wet just cause I dont trust the computer to add enough fuel that quickly all the time. I dunno, each have their benefits and downfalls... I just chose to go with a wet system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts