Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
when i was 8 thats all i wanted :) and it wasnt a mustang as in horse like the rest of the girls lol

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
It started with Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds. My dad had an 81 v6 and 88GT but has never really loved cars like I do (even though he has a corvette now). My parents were hesitant at first of letting me get one because when my dad had the 88GT and was driving on the freeway once in the rain and lost the rear end, rolled and hit a light pole. It completely flattened everything inside including my car seat, thank god I wasn't in there. He walked away just fine but the car was totaled. But I have always loved Mustangs ever since I saw an 05GT/CS of someone we knew, it was at that point I began to love Mustangs, and have loved them ever since... I saved up all my money through my 4 years of high school and finally got my first Mustang 3 days after my 18th birthday last month. I know I'll always be a Mustang guy now.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ive always loved mustangs.. Dont realiy know why i just have and in august i got my 98 V6 vert since then ive replaced the air filter and spark plugs, the oil and put a new instrument cluster in because the tach didnt work in the other one and i put a new kenwood 552HD stereo in.. Now comes either chrome halos,fog lights , definatly new window regulater since this one busted. Also going to put in sony 3 way speakers i got for christmas uhmm i kinda wanna put either a 302 or a 351W in it. And some tourq thrust D wheels... Forgot to mention im 15 so time for job searchin

·
Registered
29 Posts
My second vehicle when I was 16 was a 69 coup i saved up for. Joined the army but my parents still have it. Keeping it safe in Arizona until I get out. Couldn't take not having one. So 7 months ago, I bought me a 13 5.0. Still trying to learn everything I can. I love mustangs and always will

·
Registered
113 Posts
The day my uncle pulled in the driveway with his brand new 1969 Mach-1... wish I knew where it ended up, probably buried in a garage or barn in CT or ME somewhere.

·
Registered
379 Posts
April, 1966. My aunt came to visit, driving her new Mustang. It was my first time in a sporty car, and the first time in a car with a manual transmission. My parents always had big cars like Lincolns or Chryslers.

Even at the tender age of 6, I knew I wanted a Mustang!

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
I've always loved cars...but to be honest I was never really a mustang fan until I actually owned mine.

When I was 15 and looking for my first car, I really wanted a 99-02 Trans Am Ws6, but they axed them in 02 so everyone wanted top dollar even for beat up 99's in 05.

After giving up on the Ws6's I started looking at mustangs, long story short I ended up with this one and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong I love all cars, and would still like to have a Ws6, but mustangs have become my favorite.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I believe it hit me when I had my 01 grand am se (first picture) and something in me was telling me that I need to go faster, and I started to see more and more mustangs and then I just wanted one so bad one day my gilrfriend found one on the Internet at a Toyota dealership (weird enough) and I knew I had to have it and she said lets get it, I went that same day and was getting super excited but also getting my hopes up high, the dealer said would I like to test drive it, and I said of course!!! when I finnaly got it that day (without paying ANYTHING UP FRONT) I was excited. and I've love my car ever since, the love for my car is unconditional. :D (second picture-before mustang) (third picture-present day mustang)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always grown up with everything but ford, my dad has been a chevy and gm guy forever, we've had dozens of mopars, 3 cudas and numerous darts. Our entire drive way is 6 chevy cars and then my moms car and mine are the outcasts lol. I always kind of had a neutral take on brands, no favorite just love cars from all brands. When I was close to turning 16 all I wanted was a F-body camaro or trans am with that powerful LS1 after seeing that motor in our 66 chevy nova (now running a 6.0l LS2) instead I got an SUV which I had no complaints got good mpg lol then when I got my first job one guy there had a blue 98 gt, cool looking car, he then sold it for a red 97 cobra, ever since then I fell in love, I never really saw that sn95 platform until I worked there and man I fell in love with that car, seeing him progress the car and seeing that car every day made me fall in love with the sn95 and mustangs in general with that unique sound they have. 2 years later I finally got my mustang a 98 gt, I love it but once I start putting money into it and making it look the way I want it that's when I will truly fall in love.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
When I was like 5! I was always infatuated with mutants no other reason than they are beautiful machines & I still remember telling my mom that when I started driving I wanted her to buy me a mustang & now I bought mine own!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Always liked them! When I started looking more at cars when I was a teenager(like 5 years ago), I liked V8's with RWD, and my favorite is the Mustang.. I've never really had them around me though.. and the 1st time I actually touched one was last year when I test drove this 05 GT auto.. Man, I had never drove a car with a V8... and it was awesome! The salesman told me to slow down and I was like sorry, this is my 1st time in a cool car (I've only had a 2000 Ford Taurus haha). But couldnt buy it because I bought a house instead.. I guess it was the smarter choice, but not the fun one.. Anyways I raised money for a year now, and i'll be looking for a 13' GT next month..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Yellow

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Always liked them! When I started looking more at cars when I was a teenager(like 5 years ago), I liked V8's with RWD, and my favorite is the Mustang.. I've never really had them around me though.. and the 1st time I actually touched one was last year when I test drove this 05 GT auto.. Man, I had never drove a car with a V8... and it was awesome! The salesman told me to slow down and I was like sorry, this is my 1st time in a cool car (I've only had a 2000 Ford Taurus haha). But couldnt buy it because I bought a house instead.. I guess it was the smarter choice, but not the fun one.. Anyways I raised money for a year now, and i'll be looking for a 13' GT next month..
I've only ever driven one Mustang, and that's the one I own. No other test drives or times before this one. I found it, test drove it, and took it home the next weekend.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Late bloomer... Fell in love when Ford went retro with the s197 in 2005. Actually before when I saw a special on the car before it was released. But I was broke.

Many years later in the end of 2010 I finally was in a spot to get the car of my dreams (well, the one within my financial reach).

Not disappointed... Great car. Truth is, I did like the challenger at the time equally well, but refused to give a dime to either GM or Chrysler. So easy choice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts