Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if its just me but I have 65000 on my 06 gt and I floored it a couple times the last week and it feels sluggish. Related to spark plugs maybe?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Can't go wrong changing them now

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would change them, it may help. but you want to go with a one piece design plug they wont break on you when you remove them. Ford put a two piece design one in and it can be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Replaced mine with E3 plugs last month. No complaints and seem to work well. When it comes time I'll definitely buy them again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I replaced mine at about 55000 and they were worn so they had a pretty big gap.
Ran the engine to warm it then took my time. At the beginning of each one I worked them back and fourth.
They would turn out about an 8th then felt tight so it turned then back, then loosen again they would go about a 1/4 turn. Each time they would go a little farther. Took a long time but they all came out and not one broke.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I replaced mine at about 55000 and they were worn so they had a pretty big gap.
Ran the engine to warm it then took my time. At the beginning of each one I worked them back and fourth.
They would turn out about an 8th then felt tight so it turned then back, then loosen again they would go about a 1/4 turn. Each time they would go a little farther. Took a long time but they all came out and not one broke.
Thats a good method. i wish i had tried that...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Replaced mine because of the 2 pc plug. Ford has a tsb about how to remove them to minimize breaking them off in the head. I would download it and follow it. I had no problems with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts