Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally, When I put gas, wind noise came, it's not serious, but I have very sensitive ears haha..

Is it transmission problem? or other?

When I have flowmaster exhaust, i could not hear this noise, but after i return to stock, i got this bad noise...

any idea?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

oh, my baby is 2005 gt 65000miles.. with auto
Thank you!

·
Registered
258 Posts
tighten up your claps again to make sure they are not loose high rpms could cause a noise with loose claps or hangers

·
Registered
258 Posts
I meant clamp, it's late, but the exhaust clamps and hangers where you changed them out could be loose making a noise

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the '05 uses a belt driven cooling fan. Check to be sure. If it does, you may have a bad fan clutch. Pop the hood and give it a spin if there is no resistance and it spins effortlessly, it's bad. Also, with someone else on the gas, rev it up and listen to your fan. It's right behind the radiatior. DO NOT STICK YOUR HAND UNDER THE FAN SHROUD! Unless you don't like your fingers. Lol, I'm willing to bet its the fan clutch. If that's the problem. They go for about $100 new on eBay. It's pretty simple to install. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
primer2tone said:
If I'm not mistaken, the '05 uses a belt driven cooling fan. Check to be sure. If it does, you may have a bad fan clutch. Pop the hood and give it a spin if there is no resistance and it spins effortlessly, it's bad. Also, with someone else on the gas, rev it up and listen to your fan. It's right behind the radiatior. DO NOT STICK YOUR HAND UNDER THE FAN SHROUD! Unless you don't like your fingers. Lol, I'm willing to bet its the fan clutch. If that's the problem. They go for about $100 new on eBay. It's pretty simple to install. Good luck!
I thought all modern cars had electric fans!!....

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Eturner said:
I thought all modern cars had electric fans!!....
I thought so too but I searched for a fan clutch for his model year and they list one. They don't have one for the '06 so I'm assuming '05 was the last year a serpentine driven fan was on the mustang.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Eturner said:
Can you settle a little bit of curiosity?... Check and see if your fan is belt driven!...
You know what, if your mustang has an Electric fan, I'm willing to assume that his is also electric.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
primer2tone said:
I thought so too but I searched for a fan clutch for his model year and they list one. They don't have one for the '06 so I'm assuming '05 was the last year a serpentine driven fan was on the mustang.
---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

primer2tone said:
You know what, if your mustang has an Electric fan, I'm willing to assume that his is also electric.
Hey I was just asking a simple question!!!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Eturner said:
---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Hey I was just asking a simple question!!!
Oh, hey man. I wasn't trying to snap at you or anything. I just reread what I typed and I can see how that could come off as rude but that wasn't my intention. I was looking it up and I can see electric fans and belt driven for the '05. I was honestly trying the process of elimination. Lol, sorry Eturner. I guess I gotta proof read a little better. :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
primer2tone said:
Oh, hey man. I wasn't trying to snap at you or anything. I just reread what I typed and I can see how that could come off as rude but that wasn't my intention. I was looking it up and I can see electric fans and belt driven for the '05. I was honestly trying the process of elimination. Lol, sorry Eturner. I guess I gotta proof read a little better. :D
No problem!.. I'm operating off of 24hrs and only 3 of them involved sleep!.. Hahahaha

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Eturner said:
No problem!.. I'm operating off of 24hrs and only 3 of them involved sleep!.. Hahahaha
DAYUM! I know what that's like. I'm Mom & Dad to my kids plus I've been working everyday to make extra money for Christmas. You gotta get more rest! So seriously, does your mustang have an electric fan? I honestly don't know. Lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Literally, When I put gas, wind noise came, it's not serious, but I have very sensitive ears haha..

Is it transmission problem? or other?

When I have flowmaster exhaust, i could not hear this noise, but after i return to stock, i got this bad noise...

any idea?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

oh, my baby is 2005 gt 65000miles.. with auto
Thank you!
Last week you had a vibration in the back and now you have a noise in the front? Wait, where exactly is this wind noise, front?, middle?, back? I noticed you didn't specify. Your car sure is noisy, was it ever involved in a traffic accident?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
primer2tone said:
DAYUM! I know what that's like. I'm Mom & Dad to my kids plus I've been working everyday to make extra money for Christmas. You gotta get more rest! So seriously, does your mustang have an electric fan? I honestly don't know. Lol
Ya doin the family man thing is whats going to kill us in the end!.. Hahahaha. But our kids need us to do it!.. So I know what you mean about trying to make some extra Christmas cash!.. Hahaha. I did just now get a couple more hours of sleep but unfortunately I've got to be up and at it again!...

And yes my mustang does have an electric fan thank god!.. Lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts