Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding a 1999 4.6L 2V Mustang GT engine, I need to know if I should replace the freeze plugs or not? Is it something that you're suppost to replace when rebuilding an engine?
These plugs worked fine before the engine was taken apart, and they seem fine now, I'm just wondering if I should replace them since the engine is already apart and they are easier to get to.

Thanks for any help guys.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Anytime rebuilding an engine you should replace the freeze plugs...any rebuild should include them as part of there kit!..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XXSTEVEO66 said:
Anytime rebuilding an engine you should replace the freeze plugs...any rebuild should include them as part of there kit!..
I just bought the "full gasket kit" it did t come with them..

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I was thinking more of a full rebuild kit piston ring s,main bearings and such those usually come with freeze plugs...a premium gasket set would be just that!..oil pan,valve covers,intake etc...

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
+1 you sir are correct, that said even if you are just doing gaskets I personally recommend you do them while it's out and they are easy to get to.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XXSTEVEO66 said:
I was thinking more of a full rebuild kit piston ring s,main bearings and such those usually come with freeze plugs...a premium gasket set would be just that!..oil pan,valve covers,intake etc...
Yeah mine came from "Titan Engines"
But no freeze plugs lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts