Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I have stayed away from throttle bodies/spacers/plenums because everything I read said wait til tier 3 or 4, but now I am starting to get mixed reviews about where I am at. Some people say to do it because I have duals/L.T.s/CAI, others are saying it won't make a difference without boost, and others are saying I will need a tune afterwards to feel the difference. Some people say get a plenum, others say spacer, others tell me just get a bigger t.b.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me from real world experience, what they did here and how it worked out. I am not planning on using a S.C. anytime in the near future, so I am not sure which or what sizes to get, if I were to look at doing the upgrade. What I have read so far points to my best possible option being this: http://www.accufabracing.com/accufabracing/throttle-body/product/51-mustang-3-8l-v6-2001-2004-throttle-body

Thank you in advance for your advice on the topic.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Waste of money, I have one and the only thing it did was screw with my idle.. (Couldn't resell it is why I still have it on car)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the amount of air you would need in order to make a TB worth it is far more than anywhere near stock, save the money and invest in other mods.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all; this seems to be the overwhelming sentiment, so I will wait on the throttle body. Thanks again for the replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts