Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 15 years old and i have about 2500 i think in the bank and im looking for anything between a 1965 and a 1969 fastback or coupe it doesnt matter. i rly want it becasue i want a project car to work on until i get my lisence. so if you could help me out on where to find one of these it would be great. thanks a lot

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found a 67 coupe last year for $200.00. It was very rusty, good for parts only unless I wanted to spend big $$.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE , IN DECENT SHAPE , WITH WORK NEEDED I'M GUESSING $8000 TO $10000

NOT A GOOD "STARTER" CAR , MAYBE A 85 MUSTANG 6 CYL TO START , TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Look locally. Usually the people know you and are much more trusting or at least willing to help you out. Let people in the "Car Crowd" know that you are looking. They'll keep their eyes peeled for you. Check in fields and old garages. The backlots of dealerships and autobody repair shops often have the older, neglected "project cars" you might be looking for. Realize that the project you do find might be a little more than you can handle. For $2500 you will likely get a lemon. But if you are dedicated to the restoration and really desire it, do not let this hold you back.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
They are usually grazing in a field! Hope you can catch one, they're fast.... thought that was good for a laugh ha ha. Check the newspapers, internet, local car dealers... do your homework and don't rush a decision or get pushed into a sale.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can find a cheap mustang anywhere. You wont be able to find a fast back for that little though unless somee old woman is dies and needs to get rid of it even if its a project car. There are a lot of car classifieds online you could look at. Most of them let you narrow it all down by location, price range, and car. A good website is

www.oldrides.com

Just look around. But be warned, for $2500 you are gonna get a beater. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts