Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a very old and ford mustang in total junk condition for $5000 or less, then fix it up over the next few years and make it look completely new and restored and ready for the road. i would prefer a mustang with a v8 engine and for it to be between 1969-1977 or a little newer than that.

where can i find one? is there a website that has junk vehicles for sale? would a junkyard owner have one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
There should be plenty to chose from at that price point. But I think you're falling into something of a trap. Ask *anybody* who's ever restored any car. It is *ALWAYS* best to start with a car that's in as good of condition as you can get. Sure it sounds cooler to say that you restored a rusted hulk of a car that' had been sitting a field for 30 years, but the reality is it's much, much easier and cheaper to start out with something in better condition. I think you're setting yourself up for some headaches.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well ebay, craigslist..etc.. It can't be total junk! Otherwise how would you fix it. If it has rust, its falling apart. You need to get something that needs "some work" but not total junk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts