Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a classic car but im only willing to spend $1,500. Im not look for a car that has been revamped. I want it to look old age so that i can remake it myself. I live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and really hoping for a 1969-1972 mustang. But doesnt have to be a mustang

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tell you for free that 1500 is just going to be the down payment!

A lot of deals are done person to person. You need to join the local clubs and owners websites. That way you will get to hear when someone is thinning out the fleet, maybe deciding they have more projects than they can ever finish. And with luck you will hear about them BEFORE they get advertised in the press or on ebay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey..well ill tell you for 1,500...your gonna get a piece of ****..probably with no motor, no tranny, ripped up interior, rust everywhere, holes everywhere, with dead rats in it....and end up spending SOOOOO much more just to beable to put it on the road. Its always be easier to buy something that actaully runs first and work your way up. I can tell you from experience restoring a mustang is no easy feat. But you can start by checking kijiji.ca or usedtoronto.com maybe craigslist.

usually you can find a junker for about 5k. thats gonna be your basic classic mustang that will need most likely an additional 5k to just put it on the road. To fully restore a 5k$ car it will prolly cost you over 20k-25k. And that still wouldnt be "mint" condition.

anyways best of luck to you....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.