Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like no matter where I touch the outside of the truck lid to shut it (especially the black GT panel) I leave a greasy fingerprint that either shows, or attracts dust. Has anyone thought of putting a handle inside the back of the lid, and using that to shut the trunk?
Having the really dark green Guard Metallic does not help this at all, as it shows everything, just like black!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I use my knuckles/back of my fingers to close the trunk. Easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Banned
8 Posts
It seems like no matter where I touch the outside of the truck lid to shut it (especially the black GT panel) I leave a greasy fingerprint that either shows, or attracts dust. Has anyone thought of putting a handle inside the back of the lid, and using that to shut the trunk?

Having the really dark green Guard Metallic does not help this at all, as it shows everything, just like black!

Try washing your hands to see if that helps.

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
I just mash the gas and let it shut using raw powa

Lmao

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
1998 Black GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver sixxer - sold
IG = @silverskoundrel

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
I grab where the space between the spoiler and trunk would be if mine had a spoiler. My old car I did that though. Kind of used the spoiler to close it

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
1998 Black GT - sold
IG = @silverskoundrel

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Left or right side of the trunk lid where the paint is. The black panel is a lot more prone to scratching if there is dust and dirt from driving. The paint hides it a little better. The trunk is very rarely opened on my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Lmao

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
1998 Black GT - sold
IG = @silverskoundrel

?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I read this before reading the screen name. 100 percent not surprised lol

Of course I was just messing around. I put it in reverse and then slam on the brakes.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
0n the 2010-14's the faux gas cap might be kinda ugly but makes a good handle. On one of my cruises the 1st 15 that showed up I asked Tiger the same ? and got the look.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
OK.....I need to know if traction control is on or off in order to this?:dance:

Gotta be in sport mode to pull this off ;)

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

HAHAHA! In my case, with the gt500 spoiler, I use it to close the trunk.

Yeah not sure your cyclone could pull off this maneuver lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts