Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
Also what's a good brand?

Looking for something that I can use to just take my wheels off my car(to clean, dip them, or paint the brake calipers)

What is recommended? Thanks!
If money is no object then I go for a craftsman low profile aluminum racing jack. If you're like me frugal (<- there's a difference between frugal and cheap) then I'd look at sears for a combo set of Jack Stands and jack. I got mine for less than $70 site to store. Picked it up on my way home from work

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
I have two and they work great, a 3 ton craftsman and a low pro harbor freight 1.5 tons
Same combo i have. Really need a third sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I have the craftsman race jack and it's great but be careful when jacking from the front, I have an inch of clearance between the jack handle and my chin spoiler before I even begin lifting. It helps to drive up on some 2X4s just to get some clearance first.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the craftsman race jack and it's great but be careful when jacking from the front, I have an inch of clearance between the jack handle and my chin spoiler before I even begin lifting. It helps to drive up on some 2X4s just to get some clearance first.
I will keep that in mind, I'm hoping within the next week to have my wheels off and dip them leaving a chrome lip and finishing the matte black with a gloss coat to make them shine.

I have to get the required tools though lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
The harbor Freight jack stands are great for the price. It's pretty hard to screw those up. I have a few friends that have Harbor Freight floor jacks that haven't had any problems with them and for the price I have been pretty tempted to get one myself. But definitely, DEFINITELY use jack stands with them or any jack stand for that matter! I figure for the occasional use I would use mine for things like oil changes and lubing up the suspension an inexpensive one will work just fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bought a complete 2-ton jack, jack stand, creeper set at AutoZone and took that POS set back the next day! Recently bought Craftsman 3-ton set and it seems to be much better quality! Happy with it so far..

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
I can get 2 2 ton jack stands for $16 and a 2 ton jack for $20, all brand new... Should I go for it? They don't need to be super high end quality cause I won't use them all that often.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
I can get 2 2 ton jack stands for $16 and a 2 ton jack for $20, all brand new... Should I go for it? They don't need to be super high end quality cause I won't use them all that often.
Check out sears I bought mine there for not much more and it has worked out nicely. Thy run a deal sometimes they're 39.99 check their Website, but be forewarned they will not match their own price in store. So choose site to store option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts