Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a single or twin turbo kit for my '99 V6 mustang, and I've found a place that makes them called TMA Turbo the only thing is a full kit is pretty expensive, about 3 grand for a single and almost 6.5 for a twin. Im really looking for a used kit or someone who makes them a little cheaper. Any suggestions?

And yes I am quite aware how big of a project this is going to be and all the steps needed. I appreciate all the help and support I've gotten but people seem to think i dont know anything about what im doing. I've put a lot of time and thought into this. Im not jumping the gun don't worry =)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I heard the tma quit making the kits for stangs and just making them for vipers now? But just go with a name brand kit like sts, hellion, hp performance. and etc. They are a lot of cheap copied kits that use cheap steel that cracks pretty quickly. check the sites below and you can get more info from people with your kind of engine. And welcome to the turbo family. boost is like crack, you'll always want more

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/
www.v6power.net
www.turboforums.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
well that price is actually pretty good. most single turbo kits cost 5-6 thousand. if u need it to be cheaper i would look into getting it custom made yourself. if you dont want to go that way and you really want to save money your best bet is to just have the money and just wait till someone sells their kit. good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would suggest buying from a quality turbo builder like Precision Turbo, Hellion, etc. A turbo kit that cost less than $3K is going to be of poor quality and give you more headaches than power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts