Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my first domestic project and it's a 97 v6 all stock except for y pipe with straight pipe and gt rear end with limited slip looking for quick and not to pricey exterior and power gaining mods help please

·
Registered
112 Posts
#1 Tune up and oil, all fluids, routine maintenance to re-gain old horsepower..
Light weight = fast, so if you can deal with no back seat, a rear seat delete, get rid of spare tire, empty trunk, etc.
Usually people will tell you that you will lose a ton of traction etc, But with your locked rear end and 120 RWHP traction is easy to keep. Ask me how I know, lol

Depending on your money, Get a dual exhaust, CAI, Under drive pulleys, And a tuner and you should see about 20 HP from that depending on the tune and the mileage I would guess.

For every 10% gain in power, It's noticeable driving Horsepower, Keep that in mind.
The 96-98 V6's are rated at 150 Crank horsepower, so to gain enough to really go.. "Hey thats nice.." A tuner is needed, or a port, polish of heads and intake, etc.

Just pick how much you want to spend on it, And get back with us, we will let you know what else to buy. Lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IM particular about my cars so I keep all fluids changed and all things in check Cai is next on my list and thanks for the advice but is there things I can do exterior wise cheap or free I know some things like shortie ant. And caliper paint but pretty much blind from there thanks...

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Ow have to have the back but trunk is empty except small system gotta have a good radio :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shortie is a good one, so is the calipers, Maybe just do a paint restoration or something?

New headlights/corner lights are a good start, I couldn't believe how much better the front looked after I swapped the cobra headlights onto mine.

Paint the grill pony Red to match the car as close as possible maybe?
Maybe Black?

Do little things like a good polish wash wax, etc. things to make the paint pop like it was new. This was my car when I first got it..

"Green Hood, lawl"

And Now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya my paint is pretty shot lol I've tried wax and paint restoration but didn't help getting a paint job with taxes nice car by the way actually liked the first steering wheel better. Just my opinion though how hard would it be to paint my wheels black

·
Registered
112 Posts
Depending if you want to do it the hard way, On the car..

Or the easy way, off of the car.

Just make sure you prep the surface really well, Good prep makes the paint job worth it.
Prep is 95% of painting something properly, to keep a good even finish.

It's easy, just takes time and some elbow grease.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Glad to be here, Still looking good Bra'.

How'd the wedding N such go?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice, nice. Now, For you OP..

Get some pic's of the car, we can tell you things you need to do if we can see what it needs. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well just get some whenever you have the time, we're not going anywhere. :p

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'd say if you aren't attached to the rocker stripes i'd pull them off...if you like them maybe a color change...black would be nice since you're painting the wheels black

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Mine had the stupid running ponies when I got it, i removed them as soon as i got it to the house. Im not a fan of decals personally. I like the clean and sleek look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
New headlights/Corner lights would do wonders for you, and a Chin spoiler

1 - 20 of 39 Posts