Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
also the 99+ have a digital read out so you need a 99+ or a 99+ donor trans and a pre 99 t-5 to my knowledge ANY t-5 will work, the 5.0s are supposed to have a tad diff input shaft, but im not so sure on that... just an FYI to inspect if you go that route... a rebuilt trannys = alot of trouble 90% of the time unless you KNOW who rebuilt it and you TRUST them or it has a GOOD warranty.... new they run 700-800 usually a rebuild is 600-900... wtf

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpectorV said:
yes, and dont (sell it adn buy another = cheaper:) )
I guess thats not a bad idea either...basically im going to build a 4.2, want to swap out to a 5speed, 01 cobra front bumper,cowl hood, GT rear bumper, put leather in etc, etc. really the only thing i have on my car that i want to keep is the paint :lol: Guess i should just find a base V6 in mineral grey? or maybe sonic blue:chin: or ponder on still getting a GT

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
well if your gonna do all that i suggest buying a gt thats just a bit messed up and fix it and put everything you want in it

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
buy a 3.8 motor and build it and then buy a tranny and bolt her up to the back of it. then you can decide to swap it in your car and ruin the resale value (or be sneaky and just put the oem stuff back in .... lol) or buy another car and fix it up while you drive yours and drop the stuff over in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts