·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 280W MTX amp - hooking it up now - ill post pics :D

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
id say rockford... i hate mtx, rockford under rates there stuff soooooo much, mtx is just cheap quality from what ive seen...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZimStang said:
id say rockford... i hate mtx, rockford under rates there stuff soooooo much, mtx is just cheap quality from what ive seen...
got it hooked up and it sounds pretty good to me :-?

i'm not out there to wake the neighborhood loud, i just wanna have some bass over the crappy stock speakers... :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rellik said:
Pics are cool. Take pics of the whole install and make a How To :mrgreen:
damn :( i had the wires already hooked up from my last amp so all i had to do was bolt this one in and plug them in :(

next time i will for sure :oops:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would recommend MTX.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
tru_coo_stang said:
I would recommend MTX.
I wouldnt. My 10" MTX Thunder 4000 blows! My Bottom of the line Kicker Comp hit harder on it's worst day than the MTX could on its best day. :rolleyes: :( I miss my Kicker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay people, I think you are all kinda missing the point. Every amp and sub combination and type of install will give you different results or in otherwords different kinds of bass. Forinstance, Kicker Comp 10" or bigger with a quality amp(rockford, kicker, alpine, zapco, etc...) will give you a lot of hard hitting bass but not much in the way of very low end, sounds below 30 hertz. Also wether it is a sealed or ported enclosure will make a huge difference. Ported tend to be more punchy, sealed tend to be tighter and deeper. There's really a lot of variables to think about when buying subs and amps. First off, and most important, what type of music do you listen to? Second, how do you like your music, hard and punchy, deep and smooth, bass heavy, etc...? Third, how much can you afford?

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's the setup

pretty simple, but its loud enough for me...good bass 375 W Jensen 12" and a 280 W MTX amp w/Phoenix Gold everything else...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts