Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i get the e1969 convertible camaro or the 1973 ford mustang convertible. it will be my first car and i am going to fix them up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
parts for these cars are pretty much everywhere so I would pick between your prefrence of styling and if at all possible take a ride in a running example this well help ya decide...

I will say that the chevy 350 has a larger aftermarket base but mustang parts can be had in junkyards all today as well and most are interchangeable...

One thing to check on ebay is the price of new convertible tops as well as which cars have the bigger rust issues... being that your gonna fix them up they will probably need some rust repair and convertible specific parts might be more expensive for one car or the other...

·
Registered
46 Posts
neither

convertibles are SUPER easy to get broken into

but if you must, definfately the mustang

not only to they look better, but they also get WAY better gas milage then Camaro's

my friends mom has a '69...and they only get about 10 miles to the gallon

but my brother had a mustang...and they tend to get more around 15-20 miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good news..you can get anything (just about) for either of these cars,however a Convertible is not the best car to start out with. these two have classic potential. You would be better off getting a newer car,unless you have lots of money and a garage to store it in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts