Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, me having a 05 v6 mustang, I hear first thing to usually get is a cold air intake, and I figured that you would need to spend roughly around $300 to get a REAL cold air intake, by real I mean where it'll sound good and (possible) make a difference in acceleration, I'm just wondering what kind of cold air intake would I need to get??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1slosix said:
go to AM and check out the intake and tuner combos
I'm going to check them out and hopefully find the perfect one, is that the only company you can think of that's good for that?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
All CAIs are basically the same give or take 1 or 2 hp each, it is all in the tune... My recommendation is to get the cheap AM generic brand and get a tuner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
All CAIs are basically the same give or take 1 or 2 hp each, it is all in the tune... My recommendation is to get the cheap AM generic brand and get a tuner.
^^^^

I got a short-ram with a heat shield, because it rains alot in Virginia. A cold air intake runs the risk of sucking water up into your engine. I have seen people show dyno results saying that a cheap ebay cai or short ram is just as effective as a 300$ one, but the combo price on AM aint bad, and the tuner is another smart investment that will make a bigger difference than the intake.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I found a wife for sale on craigslist. Turned out to be a dude.

I don't shop used online. It's a recipe for disaster. Glad it worked out for you though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Funny you mentioned that since this forum has a buy/sell section hahahahaha. I bought my spoiler from a member on here. So far my 2 purchases online have worked out great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I should probably qualify what I posted by stating that, yes, there are exceptions. This is a good example as I've seen a lot of happy buyers on here buying used from members.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found a BBK CAI on Craig's list for a under $100 next is to buy a tuner
Specifically, an SCT tuner; take it from someone with a predator. I learned the hard way what it's like trying to get customer service from DiabloSport. The tuner is a great investment though, unless you are planning on doing some serious engine work in the near future that will need a custom tune anyways (like boost or serious nitrous). In that case, just save the money for the dyno tune.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jlope014 said:
Specifically, an SCT tuner; take it from someone with a predator. I learned the hard way what it's like trying to get customer service from DiabloSport. The tuner is a great investment though, unless you are planning on doing some serious engine work in the near future that will need a custom tune anyways (like boost or serious nitrous). In that case, just save the money for the dyno tune.
Yeah I'm holding out for the bama

1 - 11 of 11 Posts