Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, gonna buy me some black wheels soon. Im gonna keep my chromes if i dont like them and just have two sets. I like the forgestar style so ill prob go with them. But they have 3 different blacks? Which one will look best?!

mustangtuning_2232_1579427.jpeg

Piano black

mustangtuning_2232_1652388.jpeg

Matte

mustangtuning_2230_1377986.jpeg
Textured Black

Here is a pic of my car. Which ones?!?

ForumRunner_20121025_170850.png

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
From personal experience I would go with matte because if you got a gloss wheel with gloss body paint and weird tire color. But those are on saleen wheels. Other people will chime in

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

And the textures black looks darker too which is pretty cool

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1lowGT said:
From personal experience I would go with matte because if you got a gloss wheel with gloss body paint and weird tire color. But those are on saleen wheels. Other people will chime in

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

And the textures black looks darker too which is pretty cool
I get what your saying. Yea ill probably go matte or textured. I wish i could see them in person to decide!!!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Textured

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
02NightmareGT said:
What size r the chrome wheels on ur sang right now?
20's

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

And it looks like textured is winning lol! I think i may go with them!

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
One thing I regret about getting the gloss black wheels is how hard it is to keep them clean. I think either the matte or the textured would not only look great on your car, plus it'd save you some pain of having to clean them so often.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'll be going with either textured or matte Bullitt style wheels when the time comes for exactly that reason; they're easier to keep looking clean.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Florida3.7L said:
One thing I regret about getting the gloss black wheels is how hard it is to keep them clean. I think either the matte or the textured would not only look great on your car, plus it'd save you some pain of having to clean them so often.
Thanks!!! I think im gonna go textured! I hope i like it!! And yea i hate cleaning wheels they take so long to do!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
primer2tone said:
I woulda thought the gloss painted wheels would be easier to clean. Humm... Oh well. Lol
I wouldnt know!! Ive only ever had chrome!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I woulda thought the gloss painted wheels would be easier to clean. Humm... Oh well. Lol
Semantics my friend.

The difference is; "... keep clean..." versus "... clean..."

Chrome and gloss is easy to clean, speaking as a former lot-jockey and detailer, but much harder to KEEP clean. Where as textured and matte wheels tend to be more difficult to clean up, they don't show the dirt and grime as quickly as the glossy wheels will.

That's been my experience.

That said, I'm thinking of doing simple steelies with matte plastidips... until I can shell out for my Bullitt's in black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts