Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 rosh stage one with tuner, pully and a CAI. When I bought the car new in 06 it has roush exhaust on it but sounded weak and I wanted more sound. Had a friend suggest magnaflow so I went with them. It sounded better and louder but still not what I want. I added all the perforamnce parts after the exhaust but was wondering if I should have left the exhaust on and just have got some headers? Also what you guys think X or H pipe. please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Long tube headers will make it louder and give you a nice performance gain as well. I would go with an H pipe if you want that old school deep muscle car tone. Long tube headers with offroad h pipe and magnaflow should sound pretty awesome

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Well if emissions is not a problem for you go with a o/r h or x pipe what ever you like better if you are getting long tube headers then get a short mid pipe at the same time and for mufflers look at vids on YouTube and pick ur favorite my opinion would be h pipe with 10 series only because that is what I have lol but that set up is a very classic mustang sound so good luck and post a vid of what you got

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have emissions in my state. I have heard alot of people talk highly of the X pipe and not much about the H. But you guys both have H pipes. Is there any increase in power in either one or just different sounds. How good are the Roush mufflers, compaired to Magnaflow.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
If u have emissions are u going to get a catted mid pipe? And I have only had flowmaster cause I wanted the classic sound and I heard they are the best for that so I can't give u any good input on that and again the h pipe is for that classic boss sound lol

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I have a set of magnaflows laying in the garage if that tells ya anything. I've heard the rousch and really like them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am planning on getting a catted mid pipe. Just wondering if it should be H or X. tc x 4 what do you have on your car now?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I have the o/rx ,only because the h was out of stock and I have little patience. After headers, 3sets mufflers, I'm staying with the x, til I hear the h in person. I've wasted a lot of money trying to get the sound I'm looking for. The closest I've heard is the roush, but that was on a shelby. My recommendation is wait til you hear what you want in person. U tube sux.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

With cats, I'd go with a muffler delete.

·
Registered
51 Posts
O/R H is definitely the way to go for tone, I have one with my SLP Loudmouth axle back and it's the best one I've ever heard, my friend has O/R X with flowmaster 40 series and after 2.5k or so it begins to pop and is real raspy which I do not like. But, it all comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
916 Posts
AlexMcD said:
O/R H is definitely the way to go for tone, I have one with my SLP Loudmouth axle back and it's the best one I've ever heard, my friend has O/R X with flowmaster 40 series and after 2.5k or so it begins to pop and is real raspy which I do not like. But, it all comes down to personal preference.
I had the same setup with cats and it was raspy. So without cats I can imagine how raspy it was. Went to the offroad h and I love it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stang23 said:
I had the same setup with cats and it was raspy. So without cats I can imagine how raspy it was. Went to the offroad h and I love it
Yeah, he had the cats to.. But when I hear raspy I think of a truck not a car. But I don't think you can go wrong with an H pipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts