Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a new exhaust setup. I want something that has a deep tone and rumble to it, but i want it to be loud and aggressive. Right now i have mac shorties, h pipe without cats, and 2 chambered flowmasters dumped. Are long tube headers worth the hassle that you go through when you have to change the spark plugs, etc? Should i go with just an offroad x or a h mid pipe, or a mac pro chamber? And what piping should i get? I know 3 inch will allow more flow. But what are some pros and cons to both 3 inch piping and 2.5 inch piping? Which should i get. I want the tips to be slanted on the end also. Does that only come on the 2.5 or does it come on the 3 inch piping also. Couldnt tell from the link.

3 inch? 1987-93 Mustang 5.0L LX Aluminized 3" Tailpipes with Stainless 3" Tips, Also Fits 86 GT & 93 Cobra at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Or 2.5 inch? 1987-93 Mustang 5.0L LX 2.5" Flowmaster Aluminized Tailpipes with 2.5" Stainless Tips, Also Fits 93 Cobra And 86 GT at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I want the slanted

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Im looking to get a new exhaust setup. I want something that has a deep tone and rumble to it, but i want it to be loud and aggressive. Right now i have mac shorties, h pipe without cats, and 2 chambered flowmasters dumped. Are long tube headers worth the hassle that you go through when you have to change the spark plugs, etc? Should i go with just an offroad x or a h mid pipe, or a mac pro chamber? And what piping should i get? I know 3 inch will allow more flow. But what are some pros and cons to both 3 inch piping and 2.5 inch piping? Which should i get. I want the tips to be slanted on the end also. Does that only come on the 2.5 or does it come on the 3 inch piping also. Couldnt tell from the link.

3 inch? 1987-93 Mustang 5.0L LX Aluminized 3" Tailpipes with Stainless 3" Tips, Also Fits 86 GT & 93 Cobra at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Or 2.5 inch? 1987-93 Mustang 5.0L LX 2.5" Flowmaster Aluminized Tailpipes with 2.5" Stainless Tips, Also Fits 93 Cobra And 86 GT at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I want the slanted
The 3" exhaust will do more to help you achieve the deep rumble, but it will likely cost you some HP on the low end.
The Flowmaster Super 10 Series mufflers will do the "loud & aggressive", but may draw you more attention than you really want too.

Super 10 Series site video

90 Mustang w/Super 10's

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Already saw that first video on the flowmaster site. Lol. Idk though..my car isn't that loud for the mufflers to be dumped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just put the 3" on my 91 gt it sounds amazing. Scavenger x pipe, no cats super 40 flows out the back then dump. Paid like 580 shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts