Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
For a lightly modded car, Valeo's OEM Cobra clutch works amazingly well. I just had my flywheel resurfaced instead of buying a new one.
I've heard lots of bad about SPEC, RAM seems to be hit or miss. Exedy is amazing, of course, Centerforce is wonderful, and McLeod is amazing.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a centerforce dual friction clutch an fidanza flywheel. Right now I am having probs with the clutch. I think it was not installed properly though, so I can't say it's a bad clutch. The flywheel has been great though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My future combo will include a fidanza flywheel with a ram dual friction clutch. Learned a good 10 years ago from a friends 700+RWHP Nitrous 357w 86 GT that dual friction clutchs are the way to go and nothings changed for me since then. For those of you who have never experienced the difference with a dual friction clutch it is night and day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My future combo will include a fidanza flywheel with a ram dual friction clutch. Learned a good 10 years ago from a friends 700+RWHP Nitrous 357w 86 GT that dual friction clutchs are the way to go and nothings changed for me since then. For those of you who have never experienced the difference with a dual friction clutch it is night and day.
Good to know, i was not adware of that

·
Registered
672 Posts
DO NOT get a Ram clutch. I had one and it was awful. Chattered like crazy, had a ridiculously heavy pedal, and I could smell it a lot when I'd be in traffic or what not (and no, I wasn't dragging the clutch pedal out and I do know how to drive a stick lol.) I ended up putting a FRPP King Cobra in it and it was leaps and bounds better and had none of those issues. If you're lightly modified I'd definitely suggest the FRPP clutches.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts