Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been hearing that different gas station brands differ in quality. I see this is true because the valaro gas stations in my area reduce mpg and power by a lot... over 5mpg. So basically is which station should I fill up. I heard chevron is the best then followed by shell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Octane

What octane is the stations selling in your area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
I go Shell V-power 93

When I had my 93 300zx, I was using 93 from any & every gas station, I pulled into shell on an almost empty tank, filled up, the car came alive.
Now I have my mustang, I only fill up at Shell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeha im thinking of going to chevron even though its limited where I live... theres basically a monopoly going on with ****ty gas I notice because my parents jeep starting have a rough idle engine shakes and such and mpg dropped. I dont want my baby to loose power and mpg lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I think shell is the best. Just make you never get gas well the stations tanks are being filled. If you see the tanker truck make sure you go to the next station. Could he the cause of the rough idle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
TheStig said:
I think shell is the best. Just make you never get gas well the stations tanks are being filled. If you see the tanker truck make sure you go to the next station. Could he the cause of the rough idle.
Yeah
Just imagine koolaid mix in the bottom of a jug and pour water into it, gets cloudy.
Same thing happens when the trucks fill the station tanks. Stirs all that crap up.
Also, I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 tank. Running your tank real low burns up your fuel pump quicker.
I'll fill up, then I'll nickle and dime it to keep it full. Instead of nickle and dime it to keep me going
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
08SteedaQ350 said:
Yeah
Just imagine koolaid mix in the bottom of a jug and pour water into it, gets cloudy.
Same thing happens when the trucks fill the station tanks. Stirs all that crap up.
Also, I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 tank. Running your tank real low burns up your fuel pump quicker.
I'll fill up, then I'll nickle and dime it to keep it full. Instead of nickle and dime it to keep me going
Yeha I always do bur you think either chevron or shell are good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
Yeha I always do bur you think either chevron or shell are good
Yeah not many chevrons around here in Baton Rouge tho. So I stick with shell. And as much as I hate to say it, I don't ever buy from mom & pop stores(gas that is).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
08SteedaQ350 said:
Yeah not many chevrons around here in Baton Rouge tho. So I stick with shell. And as much as I hate to say it, I don't ever buy from mom & pop stores(gas that is).
Where I live theres just valero gas stations lefr and right... even across the block from each other... they were promoting gas cards with 12 cents lower so right now gas is 3.00 with that card deal while the shell or chevron stations every 25 miles are around 3.45-3.60 a gallon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
Where I live theres just valero gas stations lefr and right... even across the block from each other... they were promoting gas cards with 12 cents lower so right now gas is 3.00 with that card deal while the shell or chevron stations every 25 miles are around 3.45-3.60 a gallon...
Lol nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Well where I am I go to wawa lol. Not even sure wawa gas is good quality. Only reason why I go there is because the speak proper English lol. Not to be a total d*ck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
I typically go to Exxon, shell and occasionally Sunoco. My car runs great on Exxon, but I get crapy gas mileage. I can typically get 1-2 mpg better with shell and 3 mpg better with Sunoco. The only problem is the closest Sunoco is 20ish miles away. I will never put BP in my car again, it ran terrible and had even worse gas mileage. Also a Gulf just went in and I was wondering what people's experiences were with them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
9tee7pony said:
I typically go to Exxon, shell and occasionally Sunoco. My car runs great on Exxon, but I get crapy gas mileage. I can typically get 1-2 mpg better with shell and 3 mpg better with Sunoco. The only problem is the closest Sunoco is 20ish miles away. I will never put BP in my car again, it ran terrible and had even worse gas mileage. Also a Gulf just went in and I was wondering what people's experiences were with them?
I haven't seen a Gulf around since the 80s lol
And since the oil spoil, I'll never use bp gas. My fuel cap even has a stamp 'Bp fuel recommended'. Not in my car!
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top