Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
When you did your grears did you put synthetic gear oil and the friction modifier in with it. If you did not you might try that first. If you have dodne that the problem might be the gear set. Paul (Greenflash00) bought a set of FMS 4.10 gears from GEFRacing and the whined like a bastard and the shop just could not get it to stop whining so we ordered another set and they were fine. The shop I went to said every once in a while you come across a bad one.

On the down side if you buy gears check with there return policy. GEFRacing would not gibve a refund because they were already installed. Which sucks, how would you know if they were bad if you dont install them

Corey

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gears were already in the 8.8 when I got it. Only paid $200 for it so I thought I had a good deal, cause in his car there was no whine, but again his exhaust was so loud to it was kinda hard to tell. Just want to which gears to go with. Precision or FMS. :help:

·
Registered
941 Posts
FMS is considered the most trustworthy brand, everyone has them and few problems ever exist. FMS = ford MOTORSPORT :)

www.gefracing.com

i got my 4.10s for 8.8 for 156 shipped! good deal.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
get FMS. you saw my post on 3.8.

it will save you money and more expensive gears are not needed

·
Registered
52 Posts
where did you get your gears for 156 shipped at. that place had 7.5 gears for 195.00?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts