Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
I think the cAmaro makes more horsepower but the mustang weighs less so it makes up for the power difference . I would pick the mustang for the winner

·
Registered
767 Posts
Both are rated the same as far as 0-60 times. Camaro has more power, but the Mustang is lighter. So they cancel each other out, and perform about the same.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
There are test track results you can Google to find out which manufacturer won for each year. It seems to go back and forth, for both the V6 and V8 contenders.

We benefit, as it gets the engineers back to the drawing board to tweak out some extra weight, HP, or whatever it takes to be next years winner.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Camaro-
323 hp
3780 lbs
11.702786 lbs/hp
Stock gearing ratio is 3.27
Cd is .37

Mustang-
305 hp
3401 lbs
Stock gearing ratio is 2.7
Cd is .38 ish

Those are dry weights, so even looking at fuel tanks, ours is 16, theres is 19, we edge out a bit in power to weight. But, they do have less drag, and a better axle ratio for performance orientation. But drag is easy to reduce, and if you do something as simple as a swap for 3.1s or whatever, you will see a boost.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Gotta do some homework before you buy if you want some neighborhood bragging rights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is the tranny and also the driver. That is a very important part. There is a guy in town that always tries to line up with me in his. He has yet to beat me.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Speaking of drivers and tranny. Me and my tuner buddy raced, swapped cars and went another go. I beat him both times. He has a intake, full headers, custom piping and a dyno tune on his 350Z. Inside is only one Recaro racing seat (badass). It's a manual with butter for a clutch. I've got no where near the power or weight he has and I've won by about 1/2 or 1 car.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You would be surprised how much of raceing has to do with the driver. I eat my friends Audi all day, not because I'm faster but because the rich daddy's boy doesn't know the first thing about driving a car fast. Much less how to control the power he has

·
Registered
74 Posts
with cars that are basicly in the same class it comes to the driver, if you can't drive you don't win and I agree with whitelightning , if you want to race go to a track keep off the streets and learn how to race

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You would be surprised how much of raceing has to do with the driver. I eat my friends Audi all day, not because I'm faster but because the rich daddy's boy doesn't know the first thing about driving a car fast. Much less how to control the power he has
Lmao ain't that the truth.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Driver's race & less weight give the Mustang the edge!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Mustang! raced the V6 with 6 speed manual.....takes longer to wind up, so got em on the 1/4...for the mile...might have me

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
mustang by a good ways

1 - 20 of 40 Posts