Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a friend that has a stock 2003 Bullitt and I have a 2000 gt what mods would I need to beat his? His is stock as well but I'm adding and exhaust to mine later this week.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the bullits are a little better than the regular gts do you know what the comparison is? And my next mods will be a cai and a tuner from am

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would also be on this to wanna beat a guy at my works bullit

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
In the first, there is no such thing as a 2003 Bullitt--only 2001 and 2008 through IDK. If it is a 2001 Bullitt the only things you would need to blow it off would be an aftermarket 70 mm TB and plenum, and a decent tune.

The only advantage the 2001 Bullitt had had over the GT was a slightly better intake arrangement that pumped the mid-range up a bit, and pushed the peak HP from 260 to 265...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay sorry I didn't know haha well he told me it was a bullit ill look into it so basically it's just a couple of more hp?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Oh okay sorry I didn't know haha well he told me it was a bullit ill look into it so basically it's just a couple of more hp?
Yup. Nothing really that special about them. Mainly the name

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,211 Posts
In the first, there is no such thing as a 2003 Bullitt--only 2001 and 2008 through IDK. If it is a 2001 Bullitt the only things you would need to blow it off would be an aftermarket 70 mm TB and plenum, and a decent tune.

The only advantage the 2001 Bullitt had had over the GT was a slightly better intake arrangement that pumped the mid-range up a bit, and pushed the peak HP from 260 to 265...
Here's a comparison that they have had for years on mach1registry.com at the bottom of the Specs page.

View attachment 81361
^I suspect the slightly higher HP and what cliffyk mentioned above, as well as the subframe connectors would help it trolley down the drag strip a little faster. Maybe the ~3/4" drop with stiffer springs helped some too, though practically everyone has their Mustang lowered these days.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah haha but thanks for the info guys! Maybe with my new catbacks and the airaid cai will help me out oh and not to forget my tuner haha everything set for Christmas!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
rodrigo9 said:
Okay so I have a friend that has a stock 2003 Bullitt and I have a 2000 gt what mods would I need to beat his? His is stock as well but I'm adding and exhaust to mine later this week.
Auto or manual?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
The bullit only had 5 more horsepower than the regular Gt, that being said just a CAI and exhaust would make you push more horsepower than him if he's just stock. It wouldn't take much, a CAI and a tune would beat him by a decent amount.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Shift like a mad man.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
cliffyk said:
All Bullitt models were 5-speeds...