Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting new exhaust and i was wondering which mufflers i should get any suggestions?

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you still have the 6, I got my dual exhaust from Classic Inlines. Called "Impostor". Stainless steel made by Waldron in Michigan. I like the sound a lot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Shouldn't be a wait. Have you already checked to see if they are in stock? I think they are drop shipped from Waldron. It is a kit, not custom built.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I was looking a duel kit and it said that they are made to order and to allow 3-4 weeks for delivery

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
What do you think about flowmaster 10 series I have them and I like them a lot good classic muscle sound but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
509 Posts
That must be the case now. I got mine about a tear and a half ago. Sorry. Maybe if you get in touch with Waldron directly they can tell you which muffler they use. There was no name on them but they are stainless steel

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you do not plan to keep that engine just have them put a generic turbo muffler with 2" pipe to the muffler and 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" tailpipe. They can put it where the V8 muffler goes. I paid $200 to have that done before I got the header and dual exhaust. If you don't plan to keep the six don't spend too much on it now.

·
Registered
509 Posts
No difference. Just fight the urge to go too big. The pipe sizes I gave before sounded really good, especially at idle. You won't get a noticeable increase in power just from the muffler with this engine anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have flowmasters super 44 series with no tail pipes and they sound great. I don't know how they would sound with a 6 cylinder though.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts