Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im gonna get some flex spacers for my car what are the gains from the
3/8 and the 1/2? which should i get?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
well its only 1/8" difference. I don't know if that would make any difference in the gains between the 3/8" or 1/2", but youll see something going from stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but together the 3/8 = 3/4" and the 1/2=1"

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah theres the one for the intake manifold, and one for the throttle body. i don't know which gives you more gains but thers probably not a big difference between the two of them. Could someone with spacers give some :help: ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the 1\2 and it keeps the upper intake NICE and cool. I couldn't tell you if the spacer made a difference though because I did that at the same time I installed the ported intakes, so I have no idea how much is intakes and how much is spacer. I noticed a pretty substancial gain though. Damn.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
how to = take off upper intake, put spacer on, put new gasket on, reinstall upper intake

:D j/k evin

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Monkey said:
how to = take off upper intake, put spacer on, put new gasket on, reinstall upper intake

Corrections possible new GASKETS Plural 2 EA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes the old one is reusable but I would just get 2 and install on each side of the spacer ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Monkey said:

Perhaps you havn't seeeeeeeeen what's involved :p

http://www.v6stangs.com/how_to/performance/flex_spacers/

Laugh it up fuzzball. There's quite a bit more than you lead to believe. :p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The split port? About 50 more bolts, and a throttle body cable adapter.

and yes, the girl is deffinatally a beautiful woman... but my GF saw my sig the other day... and lets jsut say... if she weren't drunk... I would have gotten in trouble ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
does anyone know how long until flew is able to start sending these out again? and who is that female? i was reading a post where u guys were talking about her, but i looked at ur sig and she wasnt in there yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ya i have the 1/2 inch tb and intake i noticed a diff in throttle response and it keeps the intake nice and cool at the track when im running the #### out of the car :) i dont know wut the the diff if any at all that would be noticeable between 3/8 and 1/2. but i went with 1/2 just in case :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts