Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Some details on both cars would be nice. But hey get what you love. If you want an 86 go for it. Your 98 is cool, but you know it's whatever. It doesn't have to be the fastest thing on the block. But as long as it makes you happy that's all that matters.
Similar to my case. When I bought my Roush I was well into coyote territory in terms of price. Yea, the coyote might be a better engine, but it wasn't for me. I picked what I wanted and to be honest I'd pick it again and again. Then again I haven't found a 10+ mustang I like better than mine.
Pictures would be nice too.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Are you using the app?

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Go advanced in the browser, or just use the app. Or link from a hosting site like photobucket. Pretty much the same thing on any forum really.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Is this the same car you asked about trading for in the 1996-2004 section?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
457 Posts
It seems to me that you want the 86. Just make the trade if you'll be happy with it. Both look like nice cars.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
If you want the 86 that bad then go for it but you are downgrading.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Is it an even swap? Or would that guy throw in cash too?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
What does the 86' have?
Remember it is 12 years older and you know you will have to turn some wrenches.

I love 4 eyes tho.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a cold air intake, different rims of course,bored to 306,low miles

Sent from my VS840 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

It's a five speed,mines auto

Sent from my VS840 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Lots of ppl like the 4 eyes tho, myself included. I'd rather have a 4 eye with a 87+ interior than a 87-93. Plus if you get an 85 you can carb it in an emissions state.

Anyway, even if its a 306, if it still has the stock heads and cam its going to feel torquey at lower speeds/RPM but will be a turd up top. A 306 with stock heads is good for a truck anyway...

Lots more potential out of the 98 with a simple PI swap, a few bolt ons and gears.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts