Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Stang folks. I bought my 1998 Mustang 3.8l earlier this year, and well, lets say I was big eyed and didn't see anything major.... now I'm seeing how many little projects there are! Lets start with this one.

I have no idea whether it happened recently because I didn't notice it before, but I noticed this sensor the other day and from what I can gather its either the Coolant Temperature Sensor or Air Charge Sensor, but it only has one pin in it.

The car seems to be running fine, no real noticable idle problems or anything, but I'm sure it needs a second wire attached right? Does anyone know what it is, and how I should wire it back to specs? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
That is for coolant, if I were you I'd follow the wire back as far as I can, if there is another wire in that Sleeve that got cut somehow, I'd just buy the new sensor n install it, but if there's no other wire I say leave it, does the temp gauge on your dash work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much Surffer, I really appreciate your help!!

The temp gauge always has read right in the middle. I will look more carefully and make sure it is coming up to temp correctly. I will check it out at lunch and let you know, but I do know that the wire that you see connected to the sensor, has a bared spot just inside of that sheathing. Must have come into contact with the engine at some point.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
it's possible that it truely is a one wire plug...however the previous owner may have had a faulty harness so he rigged a harness from another car onto his. pull the harness off and look at the sensor...if it's a one pin then you're golden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts