Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Mustang which I lowered 1.7 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the back. I am looking at some black 18" deep dish cobra r wheels that are 18x9 fronts and 18x10 backs. The tires I am looking at are the nexen n3000 and Goodyear f1. Which way should I go - 2x5/35/18 all the way around or 275/35/18 front and 285/40/18 back? Also what is your opinion of the nexen n3000 and Goodyear f1?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure on the fitment with it being lowered and all but its also gona depend on offset, Lets say they fit and all, go with the stagger fitment, if you are going to spend all that money do it right and stagger it like a real mustang. As far as the tires, go with the goodyears please, the F1 is a great tire and the nexen is a black turd. Look at it this way what do brand new vettes come with? A goodyear F1 varient.
What do you see nexens on? a 20 year old civic with a monkey hanging off the bumper 0.o
Nuff said.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't get the Nexens! They are junk! I almost got into a major accident with the N5000's that were on my Mustang because the traction on them is complete garbage.

My brother had a set of Nexens on his Mustang a while back and the tire actually peeled and came apart on him while he was driving. Very dangerous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts