Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a birthday order together soon. Currently all stock except for flowmaster 40s. Opinions on buying LT headers and o/r h pipe or 4.10 gears for first mod?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Putting a birthday order together soon. Currently all stock except for flowmaster 40s. Opinions on buying LT headers and o/r h pipe or 4.10 gears for first mod?
Long tubes are a great mod but will cost a bit to have installed. O/r h for LTs you need a shorty midpipe. And 4.10s costs a bit also to be installed. Good ideas

·
Registered
672 Posts
You'd probably get the most seat of the pants improvement from the gears. I have gears in my GT and after having stock ones in my old fox body the entire time I owned it, I don't think I will ever not put gears in ASAP in a Mustang I own from now on lol.

Also depends what you're looking for, I've put an o/r midpipe on both my Mustangs about a day after I've bought them just because I like it loud, so it kind of depends what you want. Acceleration or nice sound?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm things to consider. Right now i want FAST! But have alot of other bills right now so it'll be a long process, all these 70 hr weeks are bound to pay off. Either way i go I'm going to get a SCT Bama tuner and a grille delete. The honey comb grille looks atrocious. All said and done either way I'm looking at spending a cool grand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if your getting the tuner already i would say def the gears. with those two you'll get the most bang for your buck and a great starting point for later mods

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I went with lts first, big mistake! Lol i woulda been happier with gears but u live and ya learn. You have flows so it already sounds good. So go
With gears u will be much happier. Oh and ntm to replace ur clutch u have to
Losen ur lts. Which is a ***** in the first place.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Damn that's good deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea they have kits for the rear end gears comes with everything you need
i get most of my bolt -on needs from them
free shipping price matching and great service cant go wrong

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, I can vouch for AM and that kit. Quick shipping and great customer service. Bama preloaded my tunes and got it done quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts