Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a turbo, but I know there are many kits. So far I'm leaning towards the on3 kit, with an upgrade turbo, mostly because of the price. Any input?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Slow94GT said:
I'm in the market for a turbo, but I know there are many kits. So far I'm leaning towards the on3 kit, with an upgrade turbo, mostly because of the price. Any input?
I've never built a turbo motor, but I've driven a few of my buddy's cars that have turbo setups, all of them run precision turbos and their in love with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rwsmith3623 said:
I've never built a turbo motor, but I've driven a few of my buddy's cars that have turbo setups, all of them run precision turbos and their in love with them.
I'm familiar with those, but I'm 17, and price is a huge factor. If I remember correctly, those are exspensive.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Slow94GT said:
I'm familiar with those, but I'm 17, and price is a huge factor. If I remember correctly, those are exspensive.
They are, but like anything else, if you buy a cheap turbo that's exactly what you're gonna get. There are a dozen other companies who make great turbos, and I'm sure if you shop around enough you can find a good deal on a used or brand new one. TH got a brand new novi supercharger for about half of the retail price, so if you look in the right places and can be patient you're bound to find a deal, guys are selling hardly used kits online daily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rwsmith3623 said:
They are, but like anything else, if you buy a cheap turbo that's exactly what you're gonna get. There are a dozen other companies who make great turbos, and I'm sure if you shop around enough you can find a good deal on a used or brand new one. TH got a brand new novi supercharger for about half of the retail price, so if you look in the right places and can be patient you're bound to find a deal, guys are selling hardly used kits online daily.
I'll definitely have to look around, thanks man. Btw, good looking fox in your avatar.

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
Yes upgrade to the 70mm ceramic ball bearing turbo and get your injectors elsewhere. I ran the siemens 60lb injectors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
90GTNovi2000 said:
Yes upgrade to the 70mm ceramic ball bearing turbo and get your injectors elsewhere. I ran the siemens 60lb injectors.
Will a stock 5.0 handle a 70mm? How much boost were you running?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Slow94GT said:
I ran a on3 kit on my 2v but I upgraded the turbo to a garrett and the bov and wg to tial. You can find good deals on turbonetics, garrett, and precision turbos if you get non bb. A v8 spools them up quick so they have as much lag as 4cyl do you'll be in boost at around 2.5k.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Slow94GT said:
Will a stock 5.0 handle a 70mm? How much boost were you running?
I've seen them handle 76mm no problem but get ford 48lb injectors if you are maxing out those injectors you are maxing out the stock block.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Yes, upgrade to Precision and buy injectors elsewhere. Its worth it to pay Chad at on3 $30 to weld an maf bung to the cold side piping. Do not get cheap and settle for the standard turbo. You will end up getting 2 or 3 of them then buy the Precision anyway. Magnum performance turbos are good and a little cheaper if you want another option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts