Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite wash for regular maintenance? I've been using Armorall wash and wax, just had it sitting around and wanted to use it up... Also have turtle wax ice wash sitting around, but was thinking about buying a better quality wash.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ZAINO Products 100% on my Mustang! As for washing, Z-7 Show Car Wash!

1989 Ford Econoline Van: Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (because it doesn't get wash but twice a year and rinsed off weekly w/water and that Dawn strips it clean. Then I'll detail it with Mothers gold soap followed full detail.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have had the ice wash and am just about to be out if it. I've had it for 3 years. I just washed and used their quick detailer in this pic.

image-1063608721.jpg

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class car wash. And currently, use Mothers California Gold synthetic wax. I want to switch to their Reflections Car Wax and Top Coat, but nobody sells it locally. I'll have to buy it online to try it. It sounds good though. :good:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bro seriously the best substance to wash your car is with the mexican equivalent to Downy. its called Vel Rosita. A body shop owner shpwed.me this trick. Its badass.and better than any wash. Ive tried most and not even the most expensive compare. He said its safe on paint and he is the expert. It even beads the water.like its just waxed and shines like no other

·
Registered
801 Posts
Croftgate works good no water needed spray and wipe. i ordered the sample pack comes with tire cleaner, wax, car wash, and armour all like stuff. If it didnt cost a fortune for the big bottles it be all i use. I mstuck with zipwax for now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't have a hose at my condo, so I use the three bucket system. I'd use a waterless wash, but I'm afraid of causing swirls

·
Registered
598 Posts
I like it. Gets the job done & smells good. I'm not sure that the shampoos are all that different in the end. I'm happy with either Meguiar's of SCG--both are local companies for me so supporting local businesses is a win (SCG is about as local as I can get).

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
for my cobra I dont was with water, I use DWG International™ - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard® probably twice a year (drive it 2-3k a year so just as needed if it was DD I would do it 5 times or 6 times a year)

in between I use meguiars quick detailer for exterior and their interior detailer for interior. Thats basically all I need other than tire shine as the dwgint stuff goes on trim, rims, paint, windows, etc~

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
for my cobra I dont was with water, I use DWG International� - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard� probably twice a year (drive it 2-3k a year so just as needed if it was DD I would do it 5 times or 6 times a year)

in between I use meguiars quick detailer for exterior and their interior detailer for interior. Thats basically all I need other than tire shine as the dwgint stuff goes on trim, rims, paint, windows, etc~
Have you used this waterless brand for cleaning your engine? If so, did it do okay?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't have a hose at my condo, so I use the three bucket system. I'd use a waterless wash, but I'm afraid of causing swirls
No fears ....waterless wash works perfect so long as it is a quality product. I now only go waterless...and I have a hose and driveway....but let me caution you that if you drive it offroad and you cake it on....waterless might meet its battle....other than that...only way to go.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts