Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. It's been a while since I've posted here, I've had such a terrible time lately with my mechanic. We've been bashing heads. Anyways, we've finally got it set in stone on my next car. We are gonna built an '88 GT with an interceptor engine. The car will be painted satin black for now.

So, what type/color wheels do you guys think would look best on that kind of fox? If it helps any, I think I wanna put a navy blue stripe on the hood as well.

I'm thinking silver/chrome cobras.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your opinion. :) I also like the ponies, but I heard finding a set of true chrome ponies is nearly impossible. Haha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to. Do you by chance know which wheels came on the 1987 lx stock? I'd like to find a set and repaint them, maybe.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
image-3237862940.png

It came with the 85-86 lx 5.0 alloy wheels If I'm not mistaken. These are the wheels. And you should check out latemodelrestoration.com they don't got those alloys but they do got some new pony wheels that you might love.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, those don't look too bad! I just wanted to murder out my project car, but keep it looking vaguely stock to mess with people. But, thank you. You are definitely helpful here, lol. If I can find some ponies, I'll go with those. :)

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Undecided SN95 said:
Ah, those don't look too bad! I just wanted to murder out my project car, but keep it looking vaguely stock to mess with people. But, thank you. You are definitely helpful here, lol. If I can find some ponies, I'll go with those. :)
Yeah I'd go with the pony's I've always wanted a fox body gt with some clean pony's. And no problem glad to help out. Post pics of your ride when you can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The car is currently dirty and covered in tree sap. Dingy blue paint. But she's getting a makeover. :)

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Undecided SN95 said:
I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The car is currently dirty and covered in tree sap. Dingy blue paint. But she's getting a makeover. :)
I feel you there. My car was red turning pink lol. I spray painted it black for now and next month I'm getting a new all black paint job. Can't wait. Im going to be waxing it every day lol

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Hawk said:
Also comes in chrome
I like the hyper coated color

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Undecided SN95 said:
Your car was laser red? That's what color my '98 v6 is. It's also turning pink! :/
Yeah bro. I didn't want to spray paint it but I was getting embarrassed with a half pinkish car lol. My car doesn't look perfect but I prefer this than pinkish red.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, don't worry, man. I'm sure the new painting will be amazing. Black is always a great color to go with. Laser red is probably the worst color of fading as well. Sucks. :/

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hey, guys. It's been a while since I've posted here, I've had such a terrible time lately with my mechanic. We've been bashing heads. Anyways, we've finally got it set in stone on my next car. We are gonna built an '88 GT with an interceptor engine. The car will be painted satin black for now.

So, what type/color wheels do you guys think would look best on that kind of fox? If it helps any, I think I wanna put a navy blue stripe on the hood as well.

I'm thinking silver/chrome cobras.
Chrome Ponys
17x10 & 17x8 big and littles. Looks stock, but its not.
With a little work you can fit 315's on the 10" rear wheels.

What's an "interceptor" engine?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Chrome Ponys
17x10 & 17x8 big and littles. Looks stock, but its not.
With a little work you can fit 315's on the 10" rear wheels.

What's an "interceptor" engine?
The old ford ltd police "interceptor" lol.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
The old ford ltd police "interceptor" lol.
Yeah, I know about the old engines when interceptor engines were actually more powerful and had better parts, but they haven't been built that way for years. Nowadays the engines are the same as any sedan engine and they just add oil coolers, larger oil pans, etc. etc.

I thought maybe it was a performance engine brand name that I hadn't ran across yet.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I wish it was a performance engine, haha. But it's just another 302. But with a fancy name, ooh!
:lol: Save those nickels and dimes. They add up.......eventually. :good:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts