Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm visiting from the V6 area of the forums. I know I'm crossing borders here but I just wanted some opinions from you GT owners. I'm saving up to buy a new edge GT, the new edge is my absolute favorite style. and I'm looking to spend around 8 grand. Which is what they go for in my area in Cali. Which year, from 99 to 04 is the best in your guys's opinions?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
What part of Cali are you from? Just asking because there are always great deals in my area. I had an 02 gt and was a great car.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
But as much as I loved my 2v it's nothing like my 4v cobra. Try getting a mach or a 99-01 cobra

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks :D lol well I just wanted to see if there's any difference between the years. And as for the special editions, i wanted to buy a mach 1 originally. But it would take me years to save up for a mach 1 and even longer for a cobra. I weighed my options to but one at the dealer but being 19 with a minimum wage job, a college tuition, and an expensive girlfriend, it'll be kind of hard to make the monthly payments. There's some sweet mach 1's I looked up close to my area at around 13 grand but I think I can wait until I get a better job to own a beast like that

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Thanks :D lol well I just wanted to see if there's any difference between the years. And as for the special editions, i wanted to buy a mach 1 originally. But it would take me years to save up for a mach 1 and even longer for a cobra. I weighed my options to but one at the dealer but being 19 with a minimum wage job, a college tuition, and an expensive girlfriend, it'll be kind of hard to make the monthly payments. There's some sweet mach 1's I looked up close to my area at around 13 grand but I think I can wait until I get a better job to own a beast like that
There might be a difference, I knw people always talk about pre 01's and after 01 so something might of change. I totally understand that man I was going to get a termi out the dealer but looked at it financially and didn't want to pay for a car for 4 years. So I bought my 01 cobra with 74k miles for 6500. There are deals out there just make a wise one. And don't go with the first option when you're on the hunt for one

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make sure you look for a 2001-04 gt. heres a little assigmnent for ya!! Do the research on the differences between the 99-00 vs 01-04 and youll see why. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Essentially they are all the same. Only differences were minor changes to the head unit and badging changes. With 8k you should be able to find a nice 03-04 gt with reasonable low miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love my 02! Haha but i agree with the others, deffinetly get a late 01-04 they are the better New Edges and be sure to get a manual makes a big difference i beat my buddies 04 auto with Headers and an Intake and mines stock haha.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. This is gold! :D I was thinking of getting a late 04, but I HATE the reverse hood. Just plain ugly. I'm not just going to get any old GT though. It will have to be perfect. I'm thinking the later year the better right? I do want manual tranny though, it would help a lot. I'm thinking of slowly turning it into a track car though, but still be a DD

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
get one between the 01-04 range. get one that comes with the scoops they look sexy! i just recently upgraded from a v6 to my 02 gt and i LOVE it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
get one between the 01-04 range. get one that comes with the scoops they look sexy! i just recently upgraded from a v6 to my 02 gt and i LOVE it.
So we exclude the 99 and 00 from the "need to buy" category? Haha and by the scoops you mean the side scoops? Yeah the reason I want to upgrade is because my tranny is on its way out.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
So we exclude the 99 and 00 from the "need to buy" category? Haha and by the scoops you mean the side scoops? Yeah the reason I want to upgrade is because my tranny is on its way out.
yes and the hood scoop. theres no need for them but at least they look good. get a 40th if possible just because its an anniversary

·
Registered
704 Posts
There might be a difference, I knw people always talk about pre 01's and after 01 so something might of change. I totally understand that man I was going to get a termi out the dealer but looked at it financially and didn't want to pay for a car for 4 years. So I bought my 01 cobra with 74k miles for 6500. There are deals out there just make a wise one. And don't go with the first option when you're on the hunt for one
In April of 01, Ford switched the tranny to a Tremec TR3650 from the worn out T5/45. They also added the PI heads to the motor to boost output. Additionally, as stated before, the intake runners were changed from metal to plastic. The hood was changed from the 99/01 cobra reverse scoop to the GT scoop hood and side scoops were added.
Everything from late 01 to 2004 is exactly identical.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In April of 01, Ford switched the tranny to a Tremec TR3650 from the worn out T5/45. They also added the PI heads to the motor to boost output. Additionally, as stated before, the intake runners were changed from metal to plastic. The hood was changed from the 99/01 cobra reverse scoop to the GT scoop hood and side scoops were added.
Everything from late 01 to 2004 is exactly identical.
Dont forget the smoked headlights!!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts