Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 GT has had probably 10 little white specks on the hood since I bought it. Not sure what they are other than unsightly, and do not know how to remove them.. Are there any products or techniques I should start with? If I had to guess i'd say this stuff is paint of some kind. Cant just pick it off with my fingernails.. I just want to see that pretty orange paint.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its sitting on the paint, a bump moreso than a pit.
Also they are very fine.. If this was bird turds, they would have to belong to a hummingbird (yes im kidding). Ballpoint pen tip sized at best.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you tried the plain ol Bug and Tar remover spray? There's several companies that make it- you spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes then rub it off with something like terrycloth - then go back over it with detail spray... But I use that stuff to get off any kind of bird or insect droppings. The worst around here are those brown fly eggs. They look like little flat round brown spots and you absolutely cannot pick them off but this stuff takes them right off. It's worth a try before you pull out the big guns and start sanding and such- if it's organic- bug, bird, tar- this stuff will take it off. You can pick it up at any old auto part store.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the bug and tar remover doesnt work try a claybar or clay sponge. Fill a spray bottle to the top w water and add a small amount of car wash soap. NO DISH LIQUID! It ruins the paint. Spray the area heavily w the soap water where the spots are and go over it w the claybar/sponge.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tree 5.0 said:
If the bug and tar remover doesnt work try a claybar or clay sponge. Fill a spray bottle to the top w water and add a small amount of car wash soap. NO DISH LIQUID! It ruins the paint. Spray the area heavily w the soap water where the spots are and go over it w the claybar/sponge.
+1^^

·
Registered
175 Posts
Try a little fine cutting compound, then polish. If it's on the surface it sould come off pretty easy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts