Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I am hoping to pick up some 17x9 and 17x10.5 03-04 cobra wheels this weekend and I will be painting them white... I have the 99-01 bronze cobra's still but I wanted to add something to change yet again so hopefully I can pick up these wheels friday and i will keep everyone posted. keep in toooouuuccch :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sweet deal man, def throw some pics after they're painted so we can give some input

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i dont see a white wheel working on your black car the spokes are to thick etc hmmm but if you are going to try it post up and we can see.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok boys n girls... here are the wheels and tires... i pick them up on saturday after work... not bad for 275 cash :)

03-04 silver cobra wheels 17x9 and 17x10.5 rears.

the best part is... i work for a tire shop and get a fantastic deal on tires. so even with them being shot... it will be less than 600 bones for me to be on the road and rollin purdy :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Awesome. But whoever had them before never cared about there allignment. Theres enough back tire to go lay some nice black stripes down on the road ;)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wheels and Tires mounted up for the test fitting... i was wrong.. according to our measuring tool.. these are 9.5 and 11's?

used some brake cleaner and unpainted the rear bumper inserts, re applied the brushed aluminum letters, and stripped the pony on the front grill back to polished :)

might just rock these like this for a while too many compliments to paint them this soon :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wheels and Tires mounted up for the test fitting... i was wrong.. according to our measuring tool.. these are 9.5 and 11's?

used some brake cleaner and unpainted the rear bumper inserts, re applied the brushed aluminum letters, and stripped the pony on the front grill back to polished :)

might just rock these like this for a while too many compliments to paint them this soon :)
people are just happy to see that the bronze is gone:lol:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
17x9 - 17x11 03-04 Cobra's

They have this crappy untreated finish that the previous owner just like grime build up on without doing any treatment whatsoever, so I get the lovely task of doing whatever I want with them.

Starting today The throw in the air was with either going bronze again, because numerous people loved it, but the winning color combo goes to Ultra White with Black Pinstriping.

Without further delay...

Day 1:

I always recommend taking the tires off the wheels if you can for simple ease, but if you cant a deck of cards in between the tread and the rim works perfect.

Also, if your doing this, dont just paint the face of a wheel, take the time and clean the inside as well, especially with a light color choice, makes a HUGE difference.

I always do one wheel at a time so that way I dont rush into any mistakes to get the oooo finished look so quickly. Rim#1 is currently baking outside and will for the next few hours until it comes time for sanding the first layer so I can pinstripe, then will come about 4 coats of clear.

More to come soon

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I love this paint its so BRIGHT!

Now its time to clean up the line where the tape wasnt down completely. then the first steps of clearcoatin.

More pics to come soon :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts