Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just picked these up! Gonna install next weekend. How do you like so far? Btw there are LED options for those which is what ill be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These headlights are amazing! I still need to adjust mine better, but when unlocking and locking the car they do orange sequential, and could you provide a link to those leds? I really want leds instead of halogens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is the Ebay listing for opt7 LEDs. Type this in the search at eBay.com. From my past experience with them their output numbers are pretty accurate as opposed to inflated numbers from no names.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good! I've never replaced headlight bulbs on these, so I wasn't sure if the led with the large back piece would fit

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would suggest tying all of the wires together so everything is neat back there and off of the fan. Other than that it's pretty simple. Would have been much easier with the headlight assembly out when you install them tho

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wouldn't take long to take the bumper off so I could take the lights out and install the bulbs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I'm going to Atlanta this weekend so I will prolly wait and do the headlight and fog swap next weekend. If I get them done before you I'll let you know how good they are! If anything I can plug them in outside the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, I want to do fogs as well. I'll have to wait until the holiday season to get it done though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Robb I think that's the same set I pulled from the eBay site. Just $10 cheaper

·
Registered
107 Posts
These H1s from opt7 I don't think will work for this application. The way It is hooked up is not plug and play

·
Registered
107 Posts
These H1s from opt7 I don't think will work for this application. The way It is hooked up is not plug and play

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't ordered any yet but I hope they work, the look really good

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got them in my hand. They won't work. I'm putting in the silver stars ultra from Walmart. I'll let you know how they look

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool!! Thanks! I'm glad that someone tested it with these headlights. Not many people have these

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'd like to hear more info on why these don't work. Will the bulb not physically fit in the housing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Correct. Look at the pictures of the back of the headlamp. You see the dust cover that the wires are coming out of? When you put that light bulb in the cooling fan on the back sticks out about 3/4" past the cover. Also the retainer clip to hold the original light to the projector housing behind he dust cover won't hold the bulb around the fan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So it looks like it has to be a standard H1 bulb then?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts