Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
I always do everything I know I can and should do, things that I should not I know of a mustang shop that does GREAT work and I always hang out and help.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Same here, a mix of both. I do whatever i'm comfortable doing, but I know my limits. Anything i'm not comfortable with doing myself I'll take to a local shop I've done business with for years, are trustworthy, and honest.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well I did an install of Ford Racing lower control arms myself.I found
the most work, was raising up the car more work than the actual install.
I just had 3.55 gears put in and seeing that I wanted it quiet like stock
and no whine,so I payed someone with experience to do it.Do like most of us,
read up as to whats involved and decide if you feel comfortable doing it.
If you have good friends who have experience ask for there help.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
I've done everything myself, the hardest was definitely the shock/strut replacement. I refuse to pay someone else to do something I can do myself. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined (and have the correct tools) you can do any boltons yourself

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've helped work on cars but I honestly don't know much about them other than take this part off and put this part on, so I'm trying to do any bolt ons I can myself to learn. However, certain things make me nervous, like doing shocks/struts because I'm afraid I'll get to the point of no return and not be able to finish the job for some reason and have to get towed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Haven't done anything on the Mustang yet (just got it 2 weeks ago), but on all my other cars I did whatever I could do without a lift. The only thing I don't touch are electronics. I don't know much about electronics, and refuse to touch them.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
No better way to learn than to just do it. Find some other gear heads that have experience and ask for pointers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not tech savvy at all :p I have the guys at my local shop do whatever I need done/installed. It's not too bad, though, because my dad is friends with the owner, and the owner always told me that he'd treat my car like it belonged to his own daughter. So I know I'm in good hands :)

I installed my personal license plates on my own :D ....Wait, that doesn't count....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts