Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I was thinking H&R sports off of AM, but I wasn't sure if that would look good with my 17s or not. I saw the ford B springs too, those would be almost $100 less, and maybe since these are 17s it would look better if I just dropped it a little to get rid of the 4x4 look haha. Plus i'd feel safer on bumps and bad roads. Don't Mach 1's come with those or something? If anyone here has lowered their car, feel free to share info, pics, or whatever and did you install them yourself? Here's my car on stock suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh and does anyone know how low I can go before I need camber plates? Maybe I wouldn't need them with Ford B springs? Estimated drop of 1-1/8" front and 3/4" rear

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm running 40's and to me I still have to much wheel gap did the ball joints make it lower?
It did. About 1/2 inch. I thought it was BS at first when I was reading the item description of X2 ball joints and it said it should lower the front end about 1/2 inch. Lol

Here's a before and after pic.
image-749216442.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Yah the X2 ball joints do drop the front an additional .5" My front end sat noticeably lower after install, I can barely get 2 fingers between the tire and fender.

To the OP...

H&R Super Sports are great springs. I have them and love them. The estimated drop is ~1.75 in the front and 1.6 in the rear. I'd say that drop with either your stock isos or replacement isos would be perfect. I went wild and removed my isos and added the ball joints which dropped the front an additional .75", so mine is LOW.

I think the drop looks fine with 17's. Actually it looks better as less fender gap makes the rubber look smaller and the rim bigger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car! :D

I went with Eibach Prokits. Prolly dropped the car about 1.75 front, 1.5 rear... Looks lower than that though. Just the right height for me. Not too low, not too high. I did need cc plates though...
Your car looks perfect *drools* I love black parts with Torch Red paint

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Just did my cut springs, 1.25 coil up front, 1 coil in back, I have the a$$ end gutted so it didn't drop as much back there but cutting more off will probably come soon, cheap suspension ftw and it handles pretty nicely too haha

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
davidcseifert said:
Just did my cut springs, 1.25 coil up front, 1 coil in back, I have the a$$ end gutted so it didn't drop as much back there but cutting more off will probably come soon, cheap suspension ftw and it handles pretty nicely too haha
Love those wheels! Want to get a similar type on my v6 02 mineral grey!

I really want to cut one coil off each spring, how hard is it? I am not super mechanical but as long as I follow a good guide I can usually figure stuff out.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Love those wheels! Want to get a similar type on my v6 02 mineral grey!

I really want to cut one coil off each spring, how hard is it? I am not super mechanical but as long as I follow a good guide I can usually figure stuff out.
A good metal cutting disk on a grinder and it's not really that hard, took <10 mins for all of them with double checking they all matched in height

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
davidcseifert said:
I like the hood! :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thank ya

·
Registered
574 Posts
TorchRed03 said:
At first I was thinking H&R sports off of AM, but I wasn't sure if that would look good with my 17s or not. I saw the ford B springs too, those would be almost $100 less, and maybe since these are 17s it would look better if I just dropped it a little to get rid of the 4x4 look haha. Plus i'd feel safer on bumps and bad roads. Don't Mach 1's come with those or something? If anyone here has lowered their car, feel free to share info, pics, or whatever and did you install them yourself? Here's my car on stock suspension.
I have H&R super sports and etc.

image-3377555610.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts