Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found out what it took to remove the dash to dress it up in leather or vinyl. the picture speaks for its self. its not impossible to remove but your going to have to remove everything to get it out

Attachments

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Re: Who hates the PLASTIC DASH in the 05!?!? hears the fix

Is that the before or after pic? Kinda hard to tell.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

How did you do that??
Im putting suede and leather in mine in these next couple weeks and the whole "removing the dash" thing kind of stumped me..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

that is the dash out of the car ........all one piece. no nothings done

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive often wondered why no company offers a full covered nice dash to install, mainly I guess its because its HARD to get the sucker in/out lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have taken mine out before. Not for fun though. Had to replace it due to a gob of superglue on the passenger side. I think it took me an hour to figure out where all the bolts and such were and about 30 min to put the new one in. Are you going to form the leather/vinal to the whole thing or just certain places?

·
Registered
193 Posts
That fast? I had a scratch on ma passanger side and thought it would be a simple fix took it to ford an they said to take it out it took about a day? I just needed to replace a small piece and they made it seem like it was impossible i just had to change part 21 on the attached pic but yea ?

image-3508760493.png

·
Registered
292 Posts
By part 21 you mean the part under the airbags? That isn't really a "part". Its is basically one big 'ol piece besides the trim. That is the part that was messed up on mine. I ended up getting a whole other dash from my local lkq for 250.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

And Ford probably said a whole day cause that's what they are going to charge for labor. I don't remember exactly but I would say no more than 6 bolts hold it on. Two under the radio area bolting it to the floor and two on the sides bolting to the firewall area. Can't remember if there are anymore for sure. Its easy once you locate the bolts. The hardest part was getting the steering wheel off and out of the way. Took 2 people to get it out. Probably could have done it myself but I didn't want to scratch anything else. As long as you pay attention to what you are doing it can be a DIY job.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh I wouldn't have done it if nothing was wrong. Everyone's first reaction to my dash before I replaced it was wtf happened there. I drove around with it messed up for 2 years before I even did it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts