Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Do you even know what double clutching is or when youd actually use it lol....id stick with the auto. Add a stall and tune then be golden

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets just say i do alot of road racing lol and yes you push the clutch in an extra time rpms jump up giving it a nice boost lol am i wrong? Is a trans brake better then a stall?

·
Registered
128 Posts
1) Don't let me hinder you but it's prob not worth the time or cost.
2) double clutching - *laugh*
3) Trans brake & Converter are completely different goggle is your friend!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hmmm, all this time I thought it was a useful technique for tranny's without synchros.
For the most part your right, it is used when downshifting and matching rpms. With todays transmissions its not really needed, as that is what the synchronizers are for. In a transmission without synchros double clutching is required to downshift.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm looking to do this as well... It's a ton of work for sure! Your going to need:
T5 with clutch and flywheel (Best time to upgrade)
All wiring for the T5
Shifter and accessories
K member (this is the part I don't understand so hopefully someone chimes in)

And once they have been hooked up the car will enter some sort of limp mode since the codes don't match up on PATS and you have to go to ford and have them reflash your ecu... From my research it's about $150.... I'm seriously looking to do this... So please people chime in and help me out.... I've looked into doing a GT swap as well but the parts list for that is just insane so... 5speed is ok with me.

Question: Will I need a new driveshaft for the T5?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

You also need the bellhousing! (That's kinda important

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well ok whats a good stall? Like brand wise so far i got revmax but idk i just wana see my options

1 - 11 of 11 Posts