Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Your not going to buy a new Mustang because they are hiring 6500 people? I don't understand how that's a bad thing
That many new employees at one plant, quality is gonna suffer. I'm not sure if the Flatrock plant has more than one line or not. They plan to start building the fusion there also due to Mexico not meeting the demand.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That many new employees at one plant, quality is gonna suffer. I'm not sure if the Flatrock plant has more than one line or not. They plan to start building the fusion there also due to Mexico not meeting the demand.
I also believe there will be some shared chassis cores. For instance, the new Mustang might be a Fusion at the core. That could allow them to run with limited floor space, but I'm not sure how big that plant is.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I also believe there will be some shared chassis cores. For instance, the new Mustang might be a Fusion at the core. That could allow them to run with limited floor space, but I'm not sure how big that plant is.
They say they're not gonna use the same core, but I've worked in assembly plants all over the Midwest and that's how it's done. There's just too many changes to the mustang to not believe the core will be the same, especially if they only have one line.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Changing the tooling to run a different model takes 12weeks. Building a new line takes 2yrs.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They say they're not gonna use the same core, but I've worked in assembly plants all over the Midwest and that's how it's done. There's just too many changes to the mustang to not believe the core will be the same, especially if they only have one line.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Changing the tooling to run a different model takes 12weeks. Building a new line takes 2yrs.
^yup, I agree. I've seen two separate companies where one bought the other and that was the first thing they did...consolidate manufacturing processes between the two.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have to see and test drive one in person to make a decision. But I am staying positive in the change

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

If I don't like it I would then get 2014

·
Registered
461 Posts
My dad is going to be getting the 2014.5 or 15.5 witch ever edition it is, either that or the 15 model witch ever replaces the gt500

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Your an idiot, quality isn't going to suffer because they hire more people at a plant... You have no clue what your taking about

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My dad is going to be getting the 2014.5 or 15.5 witch ever edition it is, either that or the 15 model witch ever replaces the gt500

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Your an idiot, quality isn't going to suffer because they hire more people at a plant... You have no clue what your taking about
I've got your idiot, you can disagree without acting your age.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe I will buy a 2015 I was on my way for a shelby convertible 2014 but I dint know what will be the the 2015 so I could make a mistake to pass throw the 2014 or maybe love the new look and engine of 2015c at this price better been cautions for make the right choice. Inthe worst case I could by a used 2014 if I didn't like the2015. I have actually a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. Sorry about the language guys but English is not my first one. Cheers everybody

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Maybe I will buy a 2015 I was on my way for a shelby convertible 2014 but I dint know what will be the the 2015 so I could make a mistake to pass throw the 2014 or maybe love the new look and engine of 2015c at this price better been cautions for make the right choice. Inthe worst case I could by a used 2014 if I didn't like the2015. I have actually a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. Sorry about the language guys but English is not my first one. Cheers everybody
It may work to your advantage when the '15 comes out. Prices for the '14 Shelby's could come down a little if the new 2015 is a hit.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a V8, V6 and 4 banger turbo model all at once. That way I have some weekly variety. Just to mix it up. I'll most likely sell the house and get a roomy , cozy, used double wide trailer and have my three new mustangs. Life just doesn't get any better than that. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a V8, V6 and 4 banger turbo model all at once. That way I have some weekly variety. Just to mix it up. I'll most likely sell the house and get a roomy , cozy, used double wide trailer and have my three new mustangs. Life just doesn't get any better than that. :)
Your next Mustang will be the V8. I'm very much looking forward to that day. :)

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Gonna one up Charlie :D go you :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
From the preliminary specs that some of the car rags are tossing around, I am very interested in the 2015 and I suspect that this will be one hell of an autocross car. I just hope the styling isn't completely jacked up.

-Static

21 - 40 of 580 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.