Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 580 of 580 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
And they charge so much because they can. Lol if people will pay it why would you lower price?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
Like I said, ppl are getting base ones for low $30s and will be in the high $20k range during leftover season.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I just bought a 1994 V6 TT Supercharged 400 Shot nitrous for $10,000 and and put $40000 into the engine, mostly just headwork and stuff of that nature.

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
Ok enough bickering/going back and forth. I'll say this for all users without singling anyone out, keep posts on topic and there is a difference between a debate and bashing.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Gravydog said:::::::

why do they charge so much?!
It's because you live in CANADA and the Mustang are made in AMERICA

Your Government sticks it up our industry's butt with import taxes. They just pass on the tax to you buyers. It is as simple as that.

If you price those same cars in the U.S.A. they are much less expensive.

Ronnie

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
ok, this is what i am asking:
my 2006 cost me $5,000 & my dad & I spent $13,000 on it
& a 2015 costs $50,000
i may be dense, but i don't see how Ford can charge so much?
i mean, i would rather have ten stock Mustangs like mine for the cost of 1 new one
View attachment 170893
i just think thats an INSANE amount of money for a stock car
& how much is it going to be worth 1 year from now?
i just don't see $30,000+ worth of improvements over mine!
ok, granted: mine is a 6 cyl & doesn't have a backup camera
I'll try to answer your question so that it makes sense.

1: You bought a used, 9-year-old car with who knows how many miles on it, and you're comparing it to a brand new car.
2: You're comparing an older V6 to a new V8 that comes from the factory with more than twice the power than yours. That's before ANY mods.
3: New cars in Canada are extremely over-priced, so that tilts the scales when trying to compare prices between a new and used car in Canada.

Basically, you're comparing apples to oranges. It just doesn't make sense, no matter how you look at it.

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
Its a troll post...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'll try to answer your question so that it makes sense...

yeah; that's my point; new cars are not worth 10x the cost
(& my car was in the showroom since new; it was never driven/registered; i was the first owner; so it's a new car)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess I'll feed the troll. How did you buy a 8 year car that is new, never registered? You mean the dealer had it on the lot for 8 years.

This is priceless.

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
Price out how much it takes to buy a nice clean platform to build from. Then add in all the mods to make the power of a new 2014 or 2015 GT at say... $30k. Then factor in that unless you buy a 15+ year old car you're going to have to pay $10-$12k for said clean platform.

If I was to buy a mint 95 Cobra right now it would cost me $8-$9k. $10k more to get it to 450whp via a supercharger with a trans/rear that will hold it and suspension/chassis that will put the power down consistently. That's not even with cosmetics to make it look how I want. Figure $20-$25k into it when done. Why most ppl just buy a used Coyote for $20k or buy new at $27-$30k.

So yes, the new ones are well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
Ok seriously any more name calling and mods having to delete posts in this thread and its getting locked. All have been warned.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
Don't lock the thread! :(

Just take out the trash and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It's because you live in CANADA and the Mustang are made in AMERICA

Your Government sticks it up our industry's butt with import taxes. They just pass on the tax to you buyers. It is as simple as that.

If you price those same cars in the U.S.A. they are much less expensive.

Ronnie
Import tax has nothing to do with the difference in price. Nafta takes care of the vast overwhelming majority of that. Note, this is not the case with other imports and their price bumps are similar. The biggest reason for the jump at is the difference in the dollar and all cars in Canada get marked up. It's something in the corporate structure of how vehicles are sold in Canada. The additional necessary costs (dollar flux ignored) is. About 400$ per cat for the extra documentation and shipping vs buying in the us. We often see 10-20% premiums.

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
How long have you been a mod?? Or have I just never noticed?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Long enough to delete more off topic back and forth and arguing and spamming.

561 - 580 of 580 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.