Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 580 Posts

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
My dad is going to be getting the 2014.5 or 15.5 witch ever edition it is, either that or the 15 model witch ever replaces the gt500

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Your an idiot, quality isn't going to suffer because they hire more people at a plant... You have no clue what your taking about
Sorry to tell you this, but you have no clue... I work for General Electric and in the past 5 years the old timers have been retiring left and right. You are talking guys with 30 40 years of experience and replacing them with guys fresh out of apprentice school or just a few years experience. Our QCR (Quality Control Report) has took a big hit. Trust me I see it first hand. I have 25 years experience in machining my mistakes are far and few between, but in my early years I had my fair share of F ups. Trust me Fords quality will take a hit. We will not hear about it because Ford will not send the defective parts threw. The cars will run fine, sure there will be a few here and there that will have problems but what models don't? That's why there is warrantee and service.

Anyone not wanting to buy a new mustang because they think the quality will suffer with new employees is uniformed in the quality control process of companies like Ford, GE, H-D, Toyota, Siemens etc.

Anyone who works in manufacturing knows a new employee or someone with little experience is going to make more mistakes than a person who has been on the job for years. It just the facts. But the cars are going to roll of the line in perfect running condition. Well 99 percent will.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but you have no clue... I work for General Electric and in the past 5 years the old timers have been retiring left and right. You are talking guys with 30 40 years of experience and replacing them with guys fresh out of apprentice school or just a few years experience. Our QCR (Quality Control Report) has took a big hit. Trust me I see it first hand. I have 25 years experience in machining my mistakes are far and few between, but in my early years I had my fair share of F ups. Trust me Fords quality will take a hit. We will not hear about it because Ford will not send the defective parts threw. The cars will run fine, sure there will be a few here and there that will have problems but what models don't? That's why there is warrantee and service.

Anyone who works in manufacturing knows a new employee or someone with little experience is going to make more mistakes than a person who has been on the job for years. It just the facts.
+1 I work for APM a lot rebuilding turbines in power plants, ther part of GE.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
+1 I work for APM a lot rebuilding turbines in power plants, ther part of GE.
I machine new steam turbines out of the Schenectady plant in NY. I'm currently machining the cut clearance process on a high pressure unit costing in the area if $10,000,000+ the unit is 25 feet long with the largest diameter is 9 1/2 feet. Job weighs 23 tons. this is one of our smaller turbines. Needless to say the new guys do not run cut clearance. It is the most critical operation. So quality is super important!

The same will go with Ford. They will not put new people on the critical jobs. I would not be afraid to buy a new mustang. As of now I don't plan on buying one for quite some time. Love my '14 way to much!!!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Bumping an old thread cause it's on point now.

Who's putting in an order? I've really warmed up to the new looks and can't wait to see one on the road.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I'm holding out for the possible return of the Mach 1 option. Especially if I can get it in Comp Orange.

Sent from the Death Star.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I'm holding out for the possible return of the Mach 1 option. Especially if I can get it in Comp Orange.

Sent from the Death Star.
Gah, if that happens, too many cars that I want will be available.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Depending on the price and how far away the next house we buy is from work, I may very well be looking into a 4 banger stanger in 2017. That'll be right when I assume a facelift would happen too so I'd have the option to wait if I liked the updated looks better than the looks I am "meh" on now.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Depending on the price and how far away the next house we buy is from work, I may very well be looking into a 4 banger stanger in 2017. That'll be right when I assume a facelift would happen too so I'd have the option to wait if I liked the updated looks better than the looks I am "meh" on now.

I kinda have the feeling they will make some changes too on the front and back after she's out. I think the aftermarket is gonna be crazy on bumpers too. I bet it'll cost peeps a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I like Fords refreshes so often. Great for keeping the brand fresh. I haven't seen a car I would trade mine for until I saw the Lincoln MKM render.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I like Fords refreshes so often. Great for keeping the brand fresh. I haven't seen a car I would trade mine for until I saw the Lincoln MKM render.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

This one?

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411061901.254780.jpg

That looks like sporty elegance.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
41 - 60 of 580 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.