Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Lol, I know! Is the 2015 gonna be a bust?! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Honestly, I really thought a while back prior to the actual pictures being released I figured there were gonna be hundreds on here going for it.

It seems the complete opposite. I don't really see that many on here or other mustang forums jumping ship to the 2015.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Honestly, I really thought a while back prior to the actual pictures being released I figured there were gonna be hundreds on here going for it.

It seems the complete opposite. I don't really see that many on here or other mustang forums jumping ship to the 2015.

I thought about waiting for the 15, but then I saw renders on mustang6g, that were almost dead on, and bought my 13. The muscle is gone in the 15's appearance.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Oh baby...I would hypermile the sh*t out of this thing....lol

Seriously, if this had the price difference a normal Lincoln vs Ford is, with the same base vs Ford, and a manual, I would be buying. Probably even this color. Everyone has their own opinion, but this is just drop dead gorgeous to me.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Oh baby...I would hypermile the sh*t out of this thing....lol

Seriously, if this had the price difference a normal Lincoln vs Ford is, with the same base vs Ford, and a manual, I would be buying. Probably even this color. Everyone has their own opinion, but this is just drop dead gorgeous to me.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
I completely agree with you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It's hard to judge the car on pics alone, I think when ppl see them in person they will be more impressed. Especially when the aftermarket catches up.

I got rid of my '13 for this car, no regrets except I've been 3 months with no stang and am still waiting for a build date.

I can't wait for these Redline Recaros though, sorry best pic we have right now.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411077871.500210.jpg

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I wonder if the redline Recaro seats will swap in to the 13-14.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
It's hard to judge the car on pics alone, I think when ppl see them in person they will be more impressed. Especially when the aftermarket catches up.

I got rid of my '13 for this car, no regrets except I've been 3 months with no stang and am still waiting for a build date.

I can't wait for these Redline Recaros though, sorry best pic we have right now.

View attachment 166411

^This is what I'm thinking will happen. Once they see it in person, go for a ride, etc it will start to sink in that this going to be one of the more impressive model updates.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wonder if the redline Recaro seats will swap in to the 13-14.

Great question supposedly they are the same seats so possibly depending on seat tracks.

Weird you can't get them With Race Red or Triple Yellow I think they would look good.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I thought about waiting for the 15, but then I saw renders on mustang6g, that were almost dead on, and bought my 13. The muscle is gone in the 15's appearance.
Man, totally agree with you bro. I'm not a fan of the 2015 as well and while I don't feel its plug ugly or hate it, its certainly disappointing to me. The cars rear end and tail lights are really the worse looking part to me. I can even get over the corporate Ford Fusion similar front fasica and the 370Z side profile but that rear end is just horrible.

Granted I understand Ford was trying to incorporate the 1st generation downwards rear slope and taillights but in my opinion failed miserably at it. The 13-14 taillights were and are perfection of modern technology and the 15 taillights design went back 10 steps. So much for Ford moving forward with the 2015 design.

I totally agree with you, the exterior design really lost the modern muscle look edge over other sports like pony muscle cars. I certainly hope the sales numbers reflect well here in the U.S but who knows. It doesn't seem that a mass of mustang enthusiasts I speak with are going to make the jump. My father just last month purchased a 2014 5.0 CS convertible because he couldn't pass the deal up and likes the S197 design better.

Even at the American Muscle show back in August people around the 2015 did not seem super thrilled about it. I didn't hear a whole lot of positive responses from the crowd around me about it. When I was at the Philadelphia Auto show this past January I didn't hear possitive responses from the crowd about it. Nobody was falling all over the 2015 the way I thought people were going too.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
^^ This. I've been trying to explain this to some of my friends and they just don't seem to see it. I much prefer the 2013/14 look to the 15.
Man, totally agree with you bro. I'm not a fan of the 2015 as well and while I don't feel its plug ugly or hate it, its certainly disappointing to me. The cars rear end and tail lights are really the worse looking part to me. I can even get over the corporate Ford Fusion similar front fasica and the 370Z side profile but that rear end is just horrible.

Granted I understand Ford was trying to incorporate the 1st generation downwards rear slope and taillights but in my opinion failed miserably at it. The 13-14 taillights were and are perfection of modern technology and the 15 taillights design went back 10 steps. So much for Ford moving forward with the 2015 design.

I totally agree with you, the exterior design really lost the modern muscle look edge over other sports like pony muscle cars. I certainly hope the sales numbers reflect well here in the U.S but who knows. It doesn't seem that a mass of mustang enthusiasts I speak with are going to make the jump. My father just last month purchased a 2014 5.0 CS convertible because he couldn't pass the deal up and likes the S197 design better.

Even at the American Muscle show back in August people around the 2015 did not seem super thrilled about it. I didn't hear a whole lot of positive responses from the crowd around me about it. When I was at the Philadelphia Auto show this past January I didn't hear possitive responses from the crowd about it. Nobody was falling all over the 2015 the way I thought people were going too.

I kinda agree about the muscle being gone in the looks, but not entirely. I think it's a bit more curvy and sexy rather than muscular. I think the aftermarket will add some muscle in the front bumper. We'll see though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I kinda agree about the muscle being gone in the looks, but not entirely. I think it's a bit more curvy and sexy rather than muscular. I think the aftermarket will add some muscle in the front bumper. We'll see though.
Yeah, it's not entirely gone, but it's certainly not as muscular as the 2011-14s. Maybe aftermarket will fix it, but IMO you shouldn't have to aftermarket mod your "muscle" car to make it look like a muscle car. It seems like Ford is going more for the European look (Figure 1: Ford Focus front end), but not entirely. Hopefully we don't end up completely European.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Totally agree that the aftermarket world will capitolaize with new front fasica's for it. But what they gonna do about that rear end. :)

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Totally agree that the aftermarket world will capitolaize with new front fasica's for it. But what they gonna do about that rear end. :)

I'm holding off on final judgment until I see it in person, but not sure I like it as much. I really like the newedge booties lol.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I'm holding off on final judgment until I see it in person, but not sure I like it as much. I really like the newedge booties lol.
Totally agree that you should hold final judgment until you see it in person. I felt the same way as you until I saw it in person not just once but twice. Lol. I'm just not seeing this huge love from all these mustang enthusiasts on the various forums. Sure some like it but
not not the mass I thought there would be. All the hype that Ford gave the 2015 stang, it should have more units sold than Camaro did back in 2010.

I can't wait to see how many ordinary non enthusists buy the 2015? The way Ford is talking about this 2015, they should have near record or record unit sales of this 2015 over the past 10 years of sales.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I think it looks great besides the rear. I am OKAY with the butt, but holy crap- the rear quarter panels just look so misplaced. Blank. Forgotten.

I don't like the rear much, it just continues the trend of meshing into one solid piece. Think 12 to 13 rear, and this looks like one big chunk. Maybe it's just me.

Color really sets it off, too. The red looked bland, the yellow looks decent, but the dark colors looked wicked- gray and black. I've only seen those four colors in person.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I think it looks great besides the rear. I am OKAY with the butt, but holy crap- the rear quarter panels just look so misplaced. Blank. Forgotten.

I don't like the rear much, it just continues the trend of meshing into one solid piece. Think 12 to 13 rear, and this looks like one big chunk. Maybe it's just me.

Color really sets it off, too. The red looked bland, the yellow looks decent, but the dark colors looked wicked- gray and black. I've only seen those four colors in person.

I don't know why, but I like the Ingot silver best. Other than that, I agree though, the darker colors look best.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:

61 - 80 of 580 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.