Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Do we know yet if the factory turbo is maxed out on boost or can it be turned up to make more power?

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
From the reviews I have read online, it is a very tuner friendly motor.

We've come along way from a model A
So in order to increase the boost on a turbo one needs to have a performance tuner? I guess I'm really confused about how the turbo engines work when it comes to increasing boost.

I fully understand how a performance tuner inhances the parameters of the engine but particularly the factory turbo i wonder will the turbo itself ne maxed out. Is someone gonna have to spend 6-7k on an aftermarket bigger turbo to make say 450-500 rwhp or can you just turn the boost up on the factory turbo and get that.

How does all that turbo $hit work when it comes to.performance. tuners and increasing boost.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
So in order to increase the boost on a turbo one needs to have a performance tuner? I guess I'm really confused about how the turbo engines work when it comes to increasing boost.

I fully understand how a performance tuner inhances the parameters of the engine but particularly the factory turbo i wonder will the turbo itself ne maxed out. Is someone gonna have to spend 6-7k on an aftermarket bigger turbo to make say 450-500 rwhp or can you just turn the boost up on the factory turbo and get that.

How does all that turbo $hit work when it comes to.performance. tuners and increasing boost.

^That is a post depicting the feels on a Monday morning. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
^That is a post depicting the feels on a Monday morning. Lol

Ha ha ha. I guess I'm thinking way to hard on a Monday morning. Ha ha ha.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts

Long story short. Upgrade the waste gate springs and you will have more boost. Then tune it because of the added fuel....... Don't forget that is going to be a warranty buster though.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good news is it should be a strong motor to tune
"Some of its key features include a forged steel crankshaft, piston cooling jets, steel piston ring carriers, forged steel connecting rods as well as a high-pressure die-cast aluminium cylinder block with ladder-frame bearing caps."

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
They might be able to stay in warranty if Ford Racing offers performance kits that include everything and their tune setup. Pro cal I think it's called..? That may need to be installed by the dealership, but that wouldn't bother me.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
It would be a reduced warranty

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had Roush parts installed by dealer on my F350, no reduced warranty as long as they are warranty approved parts installed by dealer.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have had Roush parts installed by dealer on my F350, no reduced warranty as long as they are warranty approved parts installed by dealer.

That's Roush parts by a Roush dealer covered by a Toush warranty. Be careful with regular Ford dealers. Even some FRPP parts installed by a Ford dealer can have an effect on your warranty. Ask a service rep first.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
All FRPP parts affect warranty. They are regarded as aftermarket. Granted, their warranty on some parts is the same length as Ford's OEM parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally I won't be touching my motor until any recalls or bugs are worked out.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Good news is it should be a strong motor to tune
"Some of its key features include a forged steel crankshaft, piston cooling jets, steel piston ring carriers, forged steel connecting rods as well as a high-pressure die-cast aluminium cylinder block with ladder-frame bearing caps."

Is it true forged or is it sinter/powder forged?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Sinter

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I Hate to say it, but 2015 is the first year in over 2 decades that the Mustang Out-Uglied the Camaro. And they added an I4 on top of it?! SMDH!! Thanks a lot.. OBAMA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well not neccesarily, older Mustangs have a Iron Forged Crank and cast rods. All 2015 Mustangs will have Forged STEEL Cranks and Rods. So imo not still garbage.
Now if your planning on getting more than 600hp you probably will want a Billet crank...

101 - 120 of 580 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.