Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad taught me directions and I learned to drive in a 90 foot long station wagon that felt like I was floating a boat. I also learned how to drive on the dieway during Drivers Ed. It was me, Vince Romo and Lynn Ross, the three "R", I'll let you figure out my last name, and my poor instructor had his foot on the "special" brake all the time. Tell me your fond memory about learning how to drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We had drivers Ed..its mandatory here and offered as a class in high school I also was taught by a combo of both my mom and dad. I could drive a tractor YEARS before i could drive a car legally on the highway. My first time meeting a semi truck on the highway i was so scared i had to pull over, my knuckles were white i was shaking and my sister in the backseat with her skidoo helmet on was heckling me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
LOL its ok to laugh. I didn't find it funny at the time...nor did i find it funny for the next 6 months when she insisted she MUST have head protection from my driving. But now 11 years later I find it hilarious and I tell her I can see her doing the very same thing to her own children (if she ever ahs any) when they learn to drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i learned driving through asking from my friends. i asked them to show me how to mix the acceleration pedal and the clutch pedal. they say that it is the hardest part in driving a manual operated car. i find it difficult at first but through constant practice i learned how to operate it. i have been driving our family car every now and then, i have been in difficult situations but it was really fun driving!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We lived way out in the country, no other cars absolutely nothing. I taught myself to drive. I used to watch what my husband did while he was driving, and went from there. I set up big boxes in our yard to reverse park between. Got my license first try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My mum-in-law taught me, because I was expecting my first baby and she said I'd sooner or later need to go to baby clinic, doctor's, etc. I'm so grateful she did - even though I backed into the cemetery gates in my sister-in-law's car - or I'd be stuck at home to this very day!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dad taught me how to drive in a little Dodge Ram 50 truck. It was a 5-speed and I remember the first time he let me drive he wouldn't let me get above second gear. Then, when we got home, he complained to my mother that we didn't get out of second gear the whole way home! What a laugh!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My husband taught me how to drive when were dating. He was so patient to do that because I didn't have a clue! In fact I made a few dents in his trucks which are still here to this day - 21 years later! His dad still has the truck and I had promised to pay for the dents, but oh well I never did. That's ok though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The first time i drove was with my uncle but the one that really taught me how to drive was my dad. I was driving an old jeep and he was getting frustrated because I couldn't negotiate a turn without hitting the side mirrors. After a while I simply folded the side mirrors and negotiated the turn. My dad laughed so hard tears were coming out of his eyes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Dad was due to teach me to drive, but we had a big row before we even got in the car & I ended up buying lessons from a normal driving instructor! My very first driving lesson came from an ex boyfriend, in the car park of a hotel. I was dreadful!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well my ex is still my ex! I'm going to show my son how to drive soon. I promised. I must have been absolutely mad to agree.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well i failed 6 times LOL,for many reasons,some dangerous,well so i was told,one for not using my handbreak at junctions,hitting the kerbs during manouveres.Talking to the tester,you name it i did it. Passed 7th of course,the day we got our washing machine haha. That says a lot about me dont it ?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts