Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the issue of tunes comes & goes on a regular basis in the Mustang world, and seems to be a popular subject. Let’s see what everyone else’s PCM/ECU has loaded and what device was used to load the tune into your Mustang.

I would also like to know, if you are satisfied with your custom tune... Please expound on any complaints or praise you may have.

I have an SCT X4 device, and my car has a custom Dyno-Tune from Pro-Dyno. I’m satisfied with the tune in general, but I wouldn’t mind data logging it and taking it back for review. Why? Because I get bored, and there’s nearly always room for improvement.
Gadget Font Rectangle Measuring instrument Fashion accessory

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ford Racing Performance Products Pro-Cal tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bama tunes on an SCT X4. I need to have them rewrite the tune because it was slightly off and had to revert back to stock after about 30 days. But it's "free tunes for life" so I guess it's worth it.

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bama tunes on an SCT X4. I need to have them rewrite the tune because it was slightly off and had to revert back to stock after about 30 days. But it's "free tunes for life" so I guess it's worth it.
Thanks, do you have mods on your car, and are you now satisfied with your BAMA tune?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haven't had them rewrite it yet. I know it only takes a couple minutes to do, then a couple days to have them emailed to me, but I've been swamped at work. I'm going to try and get it knocked out this weekend. Light mods, BBK shorties, Flowmaster Outlaw cat back with mid pipe, and AirRaid CAI, always running 93. Kind of surprised they managed to muck that up.

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BAMA tune are discouraged by most people including me. I had BAMA tunes once upon a time. I wouldn’t use them again personally, but you may have better luck.

·
Lorraine's driver
7,807 Posts
I originally bought mine from American Muscle, which included an X3 SCT tuner. They were trying to kill my 32v engine lol, so I opted for a different tuner. I got a basic or base tune from LaSota Racing LaSota Racing Technologies using my X3 handheld tuner via email. He has a crap load of experience with the 32v engines and the SCT tuning software itself. I don't really have any mods that would require a dyno tune, but I could do a data logging session and send it to them and get an updated tune if I want. The base tune I got was leap[s and bounds better than what I got with several iterations from American Muscle.

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve never heard of LaSorta, but there website looks interesting. They have a lot of tuning options. I’ve got some interest in the HP Tuners hardware.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Any criticisms, or are you 100% happy with it?
Totally happy, this tune should have been the factory tune. Much better drivability and good bump in low-end torque. Perfect for a street/daily driver car. It doesn’t provide as much power as some other tunes but it’s a safe tune, preserves your warranty (if applicable) and is CARB emissions legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never had a FRPP tune, that’s one I skipped. Being supercharged, I’ll only go with an in-person, on the machine Dyno-Tune now days. It’s pricey, but it’s easier than going back and forth over email if there’s a problem. It’s hard to ignore a customer who drives up to the door, and can demonstrate any problem or complaints.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, "1 of 1"
892 Posts
Both my 2011, ( sold in Sept. 2017 ) & my 14 were tuned, by ( www.teamjdm.com ) ( New Jersey )

The 11 started out with a FRPP 750 kit & ProCal tune. The Ford tune was very conservative, choked the motor @ 6K, & ran very rich. I had JDM retune it after some more mods, the owner used to work for Ford as a calibrator, it & the 14 were tuned on the street, proofed on the dyno.

The 11 has an SCT 3, the 14 an SCT 4....................happy with both tunes.

The 11 put down 776rwhp.

The 14 was de-tuned to 780rw, as the tuner thought 818 was too much for a stock bottom end.

·
Administrator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Henry,
Your GT is similar to my setup, who tuned your car?

·
Tech-Expert
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe
4 Posts
I've had a Brenspeed 91 octane CMCV delete tune on my car for 7+ years and I've been very happy with it. I bought my JLT 3 CAI with SCT X3 tuner from Brenspeed as my first performance upgrade, and did DIY delete plates plus Steeda underdrive pulleys a few months later. The delete plates required a revision of the 91 octane tune that I initially had with the JLT alone.

Since then I've also added a Ford Performance X-pipe, ported the stock throttle body, added eBay catch cans, and replaced the stock driveshaft with a Driveshaft Shop 3.5" aluminum unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts